2002 GL1800 out of storage

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
billnet
Motorcycle: 2002 gl1800 goldwing

2002 GL1800 out of storage

Postby billnet » Sat Sep 24, 2011 4:12 pm

I am new to this forum and I appreciate any and all help/advice I can get. I have a 2002 GL1800 (31,000 MILES) that has been sitting for about 4 years and I have finally accepted that I will not ride again. I plan on selling the bike, and would like to turn it over to its new owner in a safe and functioning condition. The battery is dead, some buttons are sticking, and the clutch is in need of at least new brake fluid and bleeding (reservoir is down and the clutch lever does not feel as if it is engaging the clutch). It has been garaged the entire 4 years and not started in about a year. My question is - what all should be inspected, changed, flushed, cleaned, etc. to make this bike safe? Thanks in advance for your help. Bill

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: 2002 GL1800 out of storage

Postby themainviking » Sat Sep 24, 2011 8:38 pm

If you are a plausible mechanic, then it is something you could do yourself, but in which case, you would not be asking. My best advice to you is to take it to your closest dealership and tell them what you just said here, and let them handle it for you. Then you can sell it knowing it has been professionally tended to. If I was planning on doing as you are, in the same situation, I would not be taking the responsibility for any problems that could occur on my shoulders, I will declare.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”