Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: Honda GoldWing
Gl 1800 2003

Postby FlyBoy2121 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 7:59 am

I all GoldWing-Man

I have a question for you
Y does he have of you who have installed a windshield model
National Cycle V Stream model No. N20014.
Any information is appreciated.

FlyBoy2121 :mrgreen:

Motorcycle: 20606 GL1800

Re: Windshield

Postby AUWING » Thu Nov 03, 2011 1:10 am

I installed this V Stream Special Edition last year and it was one of the best additions I've made to my Wing. In this part of the country we have a lot of winds of 35mph+. With the OEM shield, I was constantly battling the winds and being blown around. Since installing the VS-SE, the front end feels more "planted" and the bike is far less affected by wind. The design also creates an envelope of calm air behind the shield that reduces any buffeting that may have occurred with the OEM shield. Contrary to what one may think, I find opening the vent to the first or second notch further enhances that envelope. Opening it further allows cooling airflow for summer travel as desired.

Last winter, riding in both rain and snow was not an issue as the coating on it sheds liquid just like Rain-Ex on a cage's windshield. It comes with a small bottle of repellant to refresh the coating if ever needed.

Installation is made a little difficult because of the thickness but it is more solid than the OEM as a result. The thickness also impacts the raising and lowering but, if you set it two notches up and leave it as I do, that isn't an issue.

William Lugg
Motorcycle: 2012 ABS/BLUE

Re: Windshield

Postby William Lugg » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:52 am

Does your passengers feel any difference with this unit?

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”