CD Changer Pause

Information and questions on GL1800 Goldwings (2001-Present)
  • Sponsored Links
motocycling
Motorcycle: 2002 GL 1800

CD Changer Pause

Postby motocycling » Tue Dec 22, 2009 9:14 am

I recently purchased and installed the HONPDSDR from SoundGate to control my iPod via the CD changer plug. The installation was pretty easy and it works well. I was previously using the AUX port. One control I cannot find is the pause button. It makes sense it would be the same button to pause a CD if I had the CD changer. Does anyone know which button will pause CD play on the CD changer?

gareva1
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800 Prem Audio

Re: CD Changer Pause

Postby gareva1 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:15 pm

I dont think there is a pause feature on the stock cd unit, the only way to achieve that would be to either change inputs, or hold down the audio button until the unit turns off, which would in effect pause the cd player until which point you turned it back on.

How does the honpdsdr work with more than 99 tracks?

motocycling

Postby motocycling » Wed Dec 23, 2009 8:54 am

Thanks for the feedback. It supposedly works with unlimited number of tracks. Here is the manual: http://www.soundgate.com/upload//produc ... s/0791.pdf

gareva1

Postby gareva1 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 7:03 pm

Thanks,
I've since gotten to play with one in the shop, and what happens if you have more than 99 tracks in a playlist is it will roll back to track 1 on the wing's display, but will continue to go through your ipod playlist, which is not exactly what I expected, but good to know...and if you have multiple playlists, swapping cds in the changer interface swaps between your playlists. We've got a few different manufacturer's units set up for evaluation, and I like this one the best...

bikemp3.com just came out with a notice that their v2 version of their product will do what the soundgate does, as well as allow you to use sd cards and usb flash drives (not at the same time of course)...that may be the only other product on the market that I'd be interested in using on my wing.

motocycling

Postby motocycling » Tue Jan 05, 2010 10:46 am

You've done some pretty deep research. I guess its good that you can go beyond 99 playlist eventhough it does not display correctly.

I the main features I was after was the ability to move forward and back tracks and playlist. The pause would have been nice. I can change inputs to accomplish the same thing.

It would have been nice if I could recieve calls on the iPhone as well as music.

gareva1

Postby gareva1 » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:03 pm

You can take calls on your iphone as well as use it for music...you'll just need more parts.

I've got the soundgate unit to charge and play music, and I've got a kennedy cellset bluetooth unit that handles the calls...when the phone rings, the music stops, and the phone rings in my headset...when the call is over, the music starts up again. I love it!

If you're interested, I'll hunt down the kennedy part numbers for the setup I have...there are a few options out there for phone connections to the wing, and I think kennedy's is the most flexible, integrated, and cost effecient one out there that's permanently mounted to the bike.

motocycling

Postby motocycling » Mon Apr 12, 2010 1:04 pm

Yes, I'm interested in the Kennedy part numbers.

Thanks for the post.

Tony

gareva1

Postby gareva1 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 3:36 pm

Ok, so here's what you'll need---obviously, you are using the soundgate for music, so that part is covered...

1 - MC/BT2: $125

http://cellset.com/mcbt2.html

1 - 95425 - power and audio to bluetooth module $95

1- 95258 - intercom harness to attach cellset to wing's intercom $35

1- power harness for mc/bt2, may be included in the mc/bt2

1- motorola HS830 (kennedy sells these, but you can get them for next to nothing online, like so:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Motorola-Bluetooth- ... 4ceeb9190a

Kennedy used to say that the bluetooth module wouldn't work with the iphone, and I think I was the first person to successfully make it work...at least thats how kennedy acted...anyway, if you have iphone os 3.0 you should have no problem pairing it, as I had os 2.2 paring just fine, and am now running 3.0---I've noticed that the disclaimer seems to be gone from its location on their site, so it may be they've gotten the picture.

The next thing you need to think about is whether or not you need to see the phone---I absolutely wanted this feature, so I had pedro at bikemp3.com create me an extension cable for the soundgate that extends the short wire that goes from the cd changer plug to the soundgate device...it allows me to relocate the box to the space under the left pocket where the kennedy stuff goes, and then I have enough cable to run the iphone cord up the handlebars to my ram mount cradle....now I can see who is calling before I answer it, and I can use the phone's gps features.

Return to “GL1800 Information & Questions”