Parting Out a "77 1000

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1977 GL1000
1980 KZ750 LTD
2007 H-D XL1200C

Parting Out a "77 1000

Postby wjnfirearms » Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:42 am

There is a person in Girard, Ohio that is parting out a GL1000. He bought it from someone not far from me, but there is a problem with the title and he cannot get it transferred and the past owner became unreachable, so he decided to part it out. Girard is located near Youngstown on the very East side of the state. He has an ad on Craigslist already, but I drove out there last evening to see what he had as he was only an hour away from me. I found a nearly complete '77 he was stripping for parts.

He is selling the parts very cheap. What I did pick out was bought for little money. I do believe he will ship.

He has a tank and gauge pack for a '78 which the past owner installed on the bike. It allegedly has a motor with 30,000 on it which he claims to be in good running order, but the carbs were frozen and that concerned me. Tread carefully if anyone is interested in the carbs.

I bought the rear wheel/ tire, front fender, handlebar gauges, and battery side cover for another board member so these are obviously gone. No seat. The rest is there.

His name is Bill. Leave a message if he doesn't answer. 234-201-4854.

Member, Patriot Guard Riders, Blue Knights LEMC, PA VII

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”