LCD display wanted

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
  • Sponsored Links
Big Blue UK
Motorcycle: GL1800 Monarch

LCD display wanted

Postby Big Blue UK » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:36 pm

As title says, mine went haywire then went off, inremittently came on and jumped about before it gave up, had the classic purple arc also.
Willing to pay international shipping if anyone knows one available. I do not mind buying a complete case. From what I understand from 1990 the A SE LCD assembly is the same
and will transplant ok.
Best not hold my breath eh :)

If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

lopeha55
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Interstate upgraded to SE. Double Darkside & loving it!

Re: LCD display wanted

Postby lopeha55 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:19 am

I gave up trying to find a used one on ebay that was questionable in quality & usually overpriced so started searching. I found one at www.partzilla.com for $357 USD & have it now. They do International shipping & transactions so give them a look, Andy.
Always have a smile on your face, drives folks crazy wondering what you're getting away with

If you woke up this morning don't complain, you woke up!

Source for HEL Stainless Steel Lines

Big Blue UK

Postby Big Blue UK » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:23 am

Thanks for the reply Andy, have checked it out, price is $402, although I could possibly talk myself into thinking the LCD is worth that much, even though I only look at it when I turn on the ignition. Works out at about $600 USD with shipping and import duties. $200 to get something the size of my hand to me is more than I can reason with. I know what you mean though, will be like looking for rocking horse manure finding a good used one, but miracles happen. What really bugs me is that about 2 - 3 months ago I saw a srtipped display in good condition in the US , I considered buying it just in case, but I thought, nah, if I buy it I will still have it when my ashes are being put into a urn :)

Big Blue UK

Postby Big Blue UK » Sun Feb 24, 2013 8:33 am

Just noticed it does say you save $210 If only I had not worked in Psychiatry for more than 30 years I might have fallen for thinking ah but I am saving the $200 shipping & import duties :)

twostrokes48
Motorcycle: 98 Goldwing 1500 trike
75 GL1000 (restoring)
98 Goldwing with landing gear (for sale)
94 Goldwing 1500- towpac trike (sold)
88 Goldwing 1500- (sold)
84 GL1200 Aspy-SOLD
75 GL1000(stolen 87)
88 GW trike (totaled)
1972 750k2

Postby twostrokes48 » Sun Mar 17, 2013 10:25 am

LegsandaWing wrote:Just noticed it does say you save $210 If only I had not worked in Psychiatry for more than 30 years I might have fallen for thinking ah but I am saving the $200 shipping & import duties :)

I'm with you on that....(worked psych as certified RN 15yrs), didn't equate that to my logic, but I figure it shows me the radio station.....If I like the music, I leave it, if not I change it.....no need to know the number on the dial...shock pressure....if it is too soft, add air, if too hard, let some out....don't really need to know the number on a screen...and I don't care what time it is when I'm riding...When I'm due for a break, I take one, If not, keep pushin it down the road.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”