For Sale: Honda GL1000 1978

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
  • Sponsored Links
Jonny.boyd
Motorcycle: 1978 honda gl1000

For Sale: Honda GL1000 1978

Postby Jonny.boyd » Mon Jan 06, 2014 11:01 am

For Sale is a Honda GL1000

This bike was purchased by myself at the end of last year. It was bought in a non-running condition and was taken on as a project bike to have some fun on in the summer. However since then Christmas has been and gone and circumstances have changed meaning that I need to sell this bike. Over the period of time that I owned the bike I carried out some major maintenance and replaced numerous parts (these are listed below) with no expense spared!

Pros:

The bike is now running and starting on the electric start button
It has had the timing belts and tensioners replaced (used genuine Gates belts and OEM tensioners at £70 each!)
All fluids have been replenished (Oil & filter, brake fluid, and coolant)
New rear brake pads
New timing belt cover gaskets
All electronics gone over and thoroughly tested
Standard contact breaker ignition has been replaced by an electronic ignition system - much more reliable!

Cons:

Body work isn't 100% - could really do with a paint job to get it looking the part (see photos)
Carburettor might need a deeper clean - it was taken off the bike and cleaned up. However the bike still runs rough at idle. It rides really nicely once above idle RPM. I have road tested this and it pulls incredibly and sounds really good, rides straight and true, going through all gears.

In the photos you will see that there are cable ties holding on the rear brake light plastic - new bolts have now been fitted. You will also see that there are no covers on the timing belts shown in the photos - these have also been refitted and polished up.

Photos will be updated tomorrow with new ones showing the bike exactly as it is.

Viewing is welcome

Asking for £1,800ONO

This sale is for the Honda GL1000 - the VFR is NOT included in sale!! (had to say it just incase).

Please get in contact if you are interested - jonny.boyd@ntlworld.com or 07952993208

Bike located in North Hertfordshire - SG4 - United Kingdom

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”