Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
- Sponsored Links
8 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 111
- Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:59 am
- Location: terre haute,indiana
- Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100A Aspencade
I am in search of a "bolt on" trike kit used but in good condition for a 98 goldwing. It is for a very good friend who is having knee issues and has trouble holding up his bike. He doesnt want to quit riding so can anyone help me out. Unfortunately the model of his goldwing escapes me at the moment.
- Posts: 927
- Joined: Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:59 am
- Location: Indianapolis, In.
- Motorcycle: 06 Wing III/2010 Hannigan
FYI, all manufactured trike kits are "bolt on". Are you interested in a true trike conversion or one of the 'outrigger' units, such as a TowPac, Voyager or the Trigg unit?
- Posts: 8
- Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2012 6:48 pm
- Location: Johnson city Tn
- Motorcycle: 1986 gl1200i
I had same situation myself,looked at add on kits too expensive,for an older bike,I made a custom kit myself cost me 600.00.It looks great,handles good.I ride 3000-5000 miles year with no problems.If you can weld,and measure very simple to fabricate.If you or anyone is interested,I can upload plans and photos.My bike is 84 GI1200 plan is adaptable to 1500.
- trike lady
- Posts: 885
- Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2011 5:58 pm
- Location: Butler, PA
- Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade with Voyager (Sold)
1983 GL650I SilverWing Interstate (Sold)
You may be able to find the add on models at trike shops when someone changes over to a full conversion and sometimes on craigslist.
I.M.B.B.A. Technician II Certified
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bill White, Brandwatch [Bot] and 1 guest