1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

1998 Yamaha Virago XV250K For Sale

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:50 pm

1998 Yamaha Virago XV250K For Sale
$2000
11,300 miles

I bought this bike two years ago for my wife to learn to ride. The guy I bought it from bought it for his wife to learn to ride as well. My wife put about 5,000 miles on it in two years, and she's outgrown it - so we've now got her a bigger bike, and it's time for this little 250 to move on and help someone else to learn to ride. It is the perfect bike for the beginning rider - super easy to ride, forgiving and light: my wife could easily pick it up by herself when it went over. And yes, it's been over - never crashed, never slid, but it's fallen over at stops a few times. If you look very closely, you might find a few marks here and there - but it's resilient, which is why it is such a great beginner bike.

I did a few modifications to this bike: my wife is of very small stature - 5'2" - so in order for her to ride it comfortably for any length of time, I put a set of handlebar risers on it that move the handlebars back closer to the rider, as well as adding a driver backrest. Because she was taking longer and longer trips on it, accompanying me on my Goldwing, I put a trunk on the Virago, allowing her to carry a fair amount of cargo. The trunk will fit a full-face helmet and other gear. I also replaced the mirrors on it, to better suit the handlebar position with the risers, and slightly adjusted the angle of the brake and clutch levers. If you are looking for a bike for a small person to learn on, this is it - and it's already customized to fit them!

The bike originally came with a sissy bar type backrest for the passenger seat. I removed that when I installed the trunk. The original passenger backrest comes with the bike, as do the original mirrors and original OEM handlebar risers, should you wish to convert it back. I put new tires, tubes and rim strips on front and rear last year, and these tires have 2,000 miles on them. The tubes have Dyna-Beads installed inside them, so they ride extremely smooth, and the wheels will never need rebalancing. The bike has a hidden lockable storage area behind the rear license plate for registration and insurance documents. The windshield is adjustable (and removable, if you wish) and makes a big difference in terms of comfort to the rider. I upgraded the pathetic headlight to a proper halogen light, and added a headlight modulator for safety. I also added a very loud aftermarket horn, as the OEM horn was barely audible.

Many more details and pictures located here: http://nerocam.com/1998-Yamaha-Virago-250-For-Sale

RobH
Motorcycle: 1986 GL1200I Interstate
1985 Nighthawk 650C
1981 C70 Passport

Re: 1998 Yamaha Virago XV250K For Sale

Postby RobH » Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:04 am

Wish you were closer - I need to sell/trade my '86 Interstate (too heavy for my aging back), and am looking for something like the Virago/Rebel....
"In Valor There Is Hope" Tacitus

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: 1998 Yamaha Virago XV250K For Sale

Postby WingAdmin » Mon May 12, 2014 1:53 pm

Thanks for looking, the bike is sold!

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”