Wanted: Alternator for 1995 GL 1500 SE

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
  • Sponsored Links
BikerGuy
Motorcycle: 2008 Goldwing

Wanted: Alternator for 1995 GL 1500 SE

Postby BikerGuy » Mon May 31, 2010 9:55 am

Hey all... does anyone have a good, working alternator that they removed from a 1995 1500 SE or compatible that they want to give away or sell really cheap?

If someone has replaced the stock alternator with a Compu-Fire, and has the old alternator, please contact me!!! I'm unemployed so I don't have a lot of money...

Thanks!!

BikerGuy
Motorcycle: 2008 Goldwing

Re: Wanted: Alternator for 1995 GL 1500 SE

Postby BikerGuy » Tue Jun 15, 2010 9:02 pm

Folks... I wanted to share a story with you about my alternator... Maybe I can save you a lot of money...

I was looking for an alternator, but I'm not now!!! I took my original alternator off, which has about 98,000 miles on it. I took it to a place to have it rebuilt. He wanted $140 to rebuild it. Well, I told him I got a lower bid for $60 and bid him farewell...

I went to the other guy who took the alternator apart right in front of me. He examined it and discovered that the brushes, which are spring loaded, were stuck! Apparently, the carbon dust had accumulated inside, and made the brushes get stuck. So he proceeded to unstick the brushes, cleaned it out, put it back together, and then he tested it on a machine and a amp meter. It read 14.2 volts!!!

The charge? A lousy $20!!!!!! That's right!! Just $20 and my time to take it off the bike and put it back on. It runs like a champ now! Oh! And I forgot to mention, that the mechanic said that I should get another 150,000 miles on it because it wasn't that worn down!!!!!!!! YIPPEEEE!!

Hope this story saves a few folks some $$$$$$$$$!!!!!

Sincerely, Jan Merklin

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”