Cassette radio parts

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
  • Sponsored Links
tx1500
Motorcycle: 89 1500

Cassette radio parts

Postby tx1500 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 11:34 am

Anyone have or know where to look for radio parts. The circut board that the radio harness plugs into was bad on my cassette player. I had one from an am/fm and put it in but my clock and radio memory will not work because the pin for the wire wasn't on the board. I thought I had one but can't seem to locate it.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: Cassette radio parts

Postby WingAdmin » Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:39 pm

tx1500 wrote:Anyone have or know where to look for radio parts. The circut board that the radio harness plugs into was bad on my cassette player. I had one from an am/fm and put it in but my clock and radio memory will not work because the pin for the wire wasn't on the board. I thought I had one but can't seem to locate it.

I would talk to Sierra MC - they repair them, and might have parts on hand, or at least give you a lead.

tx1500

Postby tx1500 » Mon Oct 06, 2014 3:49 pm

Thanks I have couple avenues of approach. find a known good one, experiment with the one from the am/fm, or repair the bad one myself. I'll be bringing my bad one to work with me tomorrow and replacing the parts on the board that are bad if I have the caps diodes and transformer in stock. I didn't want to chase the individual circuts on the board because I can only work on it at break or lunch. Oh well I still have a radio that works even without clock and preset memory and no avc. Maybe I'll get lucky and find the parts from the first radio that was bad.

tx1500

Postby tx1500 » Tue Oct 07, 2014 11:13 am

This thread can be closed. I fixed my board. :D I had to replace one trace with a jumper and repair four more where the board had a fracture. :x I reflowed the connector on the board because one of the problems I had was the radio would mute on it's own. :roll: When I would push the 18 pin in it would work for a while again. :| Anyway it's done and I'll tear the radio down this weekend again and hopefully for the last time it really sucks not having avc over 60mph everything just crashes with the road noise. Next project trash those crappy J&M speakers po installed. Over priced and not as good as factory.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”