1985 GL1200 LTD for Sale $5000

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1985 LTD

1985 GL1200 LTD for Sale $5000

Postby awhite144 » Thu Nov 27, 2014 9:01 am

1985 Honda Gold Wing Limited Edition - $5000
Number 442 of 5372 produced. Certificate included.
Less than 9000 miles. Has always been stored in a garage.
Factory items Included:
Radio, Tape player, Auto/manual air suspension w/compressor, onboard trip computer, adjustable seat, intercom system with 2 types of headseat connection wires, external hose and outlet to air tires using onboard compressor, Cruise control. Does NOT have the factory CB option.

LOW MILEAGE, Bike starts, runs, drives, brakes all good.
Radio, tape player, and speakers all work good.

-Does have some chrome pitting and rust issues. I have been cleaning everything up and it surprisingly cleans up good, but still have some more work to do.
-Onboard compressor for air suspension works, but does error out some times. Cannot get the external air outlet button to turn on compressor, but does work when I try to run up/down the rear air pressure
-Do not know if intercom system works. I don't have anything to test with.
-Auto volume and tone control did not work properly, so I bypassed them so the radio would work OK (just disconnected the auto volume module and connected the wires together, no modifying of original harness)
-Fuel pump has been rebuilt due to being froze up. Works perfectly now, but just a concern because these pumps aren't really made to come apart and be reworked.
-Needs new tires. They are original tires and probably too old to really use.
-Gas tank has rust inside it.

I plan to continue to work on fixing as many issues as I can so when the right buyer is ready, it will be as good as I can get it without investing too much.
I'm in no urgent need to sale, so I'm not yet interested in reducing my price yet. I'm hoping to find someone who is really wanting this style bike with low miles.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”