1982 GL1100 Interstate for sale 67K $1500

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
  • Sponsored Links
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100I

1982 GL1100 Interstate for sale 67K $1500

Postby CapnDenny » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:27 am

Hello All,

I have a 1982 GL1100 that I was fixing up. Unfortunately my arthritus in my hip got too bad for me to be able to ride. It has been sitting a couple of years. It is not running well now. Last summer I started it, but could only keep it running by goosing the throttle. So it will need a carb rebuild. It did run before, and I really enjoyed it. I did a lot of work according to instructions on here, and really hate to get rid of it. But my hip has other plans for me.

It is an interstate model and has the full fairing and trunk and side bags. The paint is stating to peel the clear cote, and is a bit faded on the top surfaces.

Here is a list of what I have done since I bought it 4 years ago, and parked it for the last 3 years.

New Gates timing belts.
New radiator hoses.
New front and rear tires. These have zero miles on them.
New Hella horns installed, really loud. Have stock horns also.
I disassembled and cleaned and re-greased the rear splines with Honda grease, and injected new grease into the drive shaft, following the procedure posted on here.
New Hartco custom seat. I had this special made for a heavy rider, and had the front seat made extra long, and also extended the back seat 2 inches. I put an '83 grabrail to allow the longer seat to be made.
1983 grab rail to allow longer seat, see above. I also have the stock '82 grabrail.
Progressive Suspension rear spring/shocks. It was bottoming out, but these fixed that.
Progressive Suspension front springs and valves. I never installed them, but they are good as new in the box.
replaced rusted out exhaust on right side with a used exhaust. Not new but better than the rusted one. I have the old one still too.
I have an older aftermarket seat in blue velour, but it's pretty worn.
Brand new battery never installed, but battery in bike is probably OK as well.
I repaired the lower fairing mounts with metal straps and JB Weld epoxy. The mounting eyelets broke loose, but this fixed them.
I replaced the hand rips with those chrome grips with the air cushions in them. really look nice and comfy.
I also have aftermarket arm rests for the passenger that I never mounted. Brand new.
Red motorcycle cover, to cover entire bike.

I would like to sell it all in one. I hate to part it out. What you do with it is your business, but it would hurt me to chop it into pieces to sell it.

The new parts alone cost me almost what I am asking for it. The Hartco seat was over $400, tires were close to $400 total, Front springs/Shocks were $100 and rear Progressive's were $300, plus belts, hoses, etc.

It will need to be picked up in St. Louis, MO.

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”