Seeking highway pegs/boards that work on GL-1800

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
  • Sponsored Links
drumster53
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800A

Seeking highway pegs/boards that work on GL-1800

Postby drumster53 » Fri Jul 01, 2016 2:44 pm

Can someone point me in the right direction to obtain highway pegs that work with the GL-1800? No products I have found come out far enough from the fairing and valve covers - surely there is something that works well and I assume my brother Wingers would know...?

For those about to rock, I salute you...Drumster53 :shock:

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Re: Seeking highway pegs/boards that work on GL-1800

Postby themainviking » Sat Jul 02, 2016 7:42 am

I am using Kuryakyn Ergo II six inch arms with footpegs rather than floorboards. I tried all setups for these, with the 2", 4" and 6" arms with both floorboards and finally the pegs. I was not happy till I got to the pegs. I have spare parts all over the friggin place now. I do not know how far apart you really want your feet to be, but these are far enough for me. I can use them with my ankles snugged right in against the bike (I wear protective boots so the heat does not bother me). I could not do this if I wore sneakers on the bike. Any further out and my hips begin to bother me.

Another one that is being suggested in another thread at this time is the Mick-O-Peg. Not haveing had these, I cannot say anything good or bad about them. They may be found here:

http://www.ridingiswonderful.com/
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

drumster53
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800A

Re: Seeking highway pegs/boards that work on GL-1800

Postby drumster53 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:40 pm

@Viking...thanks, bro...I found the Ergo pegs you mentioned and those should work fine...it's the 6" arm that will seal the deal. I saw the Mick-O-Peg but that doesn't really appear to be worth > $300. The Ergos look comparable and are eminently more affordable. Thanks for the help!
For those about to rock, I salute you...Drumster53 :shock:

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”