Motto Guzzi needs stock 1800 Goldwing foot pegs

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
  • Sponsored Links
polkpr
Motorcycle: Motto Guzzi Norge

Motto Guzzi needs stock 1800 Goldwing foot pegs

Postby polkpr » Fri Aug 19, 2016 12:05 pm

I am looking for a pair of OEM foot pegs from an 1800 Goldwing for my Motto Guzzi. The standard pegs on the Guzzi are horrible and I've discovered that many Guzzi riders put the Goldwing pegs on their bikes which are lower, and wider than the stock Guzzi pegs. I know about the first thing folks do on their Goldwings is ditch the stock pegs and put nice floor boards on them. I know the 2005 Goldwing pegs will fit so I assume that this part covers several years.
Any help would be appreciated from a fellow biker. Thanks,

harvey01
Motorcycle: 2004 GL1800

Re: Motto Guzzi needs stock 1800 Goldwing foot pegs

Postby harvey01 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:58 pm

Other than the pegs, how do you like that Guzzi?

Regarding the pegs, have you tried the classified section here, or ebay, or any motorcycle salvage yard?

I believe it is Pinwheel that also sells a lot of used parts. If they do not show on their website I would give them a call.
harvey
Ride Safe and Ride Often

polkpr
Motorcycle: Motto Guzzi Norge

Postby polkpr » Sun Aug 21, 2016 6:42 am

Thanks for the suggestions. I "thought" I was in the classified section. I'll find and do-over too.

Regarding the Guzzi, I have a 2014 Norge which is their version of the BMW RT1200 touring bike. I love the bike.
I've had several of the full size HD touring bikes but decided this go-round to find something different.
The Guzzi is a remarkably well handling bike which is perfect for the trips I take back here in VA since I live in the Shenandoah Valley and lots of fine roads with twisties and turns.
Having said that; the Goldwing is MUCH more comfortable for real highway touring.
I have a MG dealer within 12 miles of my house so service is not an issue for me. They are in fact, really reliable bikes but never say "never".
The seating position on the Norge is rather cramped and that's why I'm looking to get an extra inch or so of foot drop with the Goldwing pegs.
I'll keep looking but if anyone runs into a pair, please drop me a line.
Take care

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD

Postby themainviking » Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:49 am

You do know that you can buy replacement pegs made by Kuryakyn, that are an exact fit to the GL1800, give the drop and a bit more, are probably a lot easier to find than the OEM pegs, and look better?

It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

ImageImage

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”