WANTED windshield vent frame.

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
  • Sponsored Links
FM-USA
Motorcycle: mc

WANTED windshield vent frame.

Post by FM-USA » Sat Sep 17, 2016 8:47 am

I acquired a windshield vent but it came without the frame.

HOPEFULLY there's only one brand, my luck it won't.
So, what do I look for in what I have?

"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." W.C. Have a wonderful flat tire day while doing 99mph.

ka4yqi
Motorcycle: 1998 Goldwing SE

Re: WANTED windshield vent frame.

Post by ka4yqi » Sun Sep 18, 2016 6:37 pm

Could you post a picture to what you have? That way we know what you have and maybe what you need.

FM-USA

Post by FM-USA » Sun Sep 18, 2016 7:21 pm

HOPEFULLLLLY this works.

Hopefully this is all someone needs.
"Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip." W.C. Have a wonderful flat tire day while doing 99mph.

Wingingit!
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500SE

Post by Wingingit! » Thu Sep 29, 2016 1:47 pm

Unless you have a windshield with the cut out hole. I wouldn't try to cut a hole in a regular windshield for the vent, because the ones I've had were beveled, so the thickness of the plexiglass is a little thinner where you put in the vent. Plus you will need the frame, in order to hold it in. You can buy the vents separately for about $49 with the frame on Chromeworld.com or wingstuff.com or any other seller that sells windshields. I have a "Showchrome" windshield I have been pretty happy with. It came with a vent that you had to install. I think it was around $179. You did have to modify the opening slightly with a Dremel in corners, but pretty easy to install.

FM-USA

Post by FM-USA » Thu Sep 29, 2016 3:07 pm

Wingingit! wrote:Unless you have a windshield with the cut out hole. I wouldn't try to cut a hole in a regular windshield for the vent, because the ones I've had were beveled, so the thickness of the plexiglass is a little thinner where you put in the vent. Plus you will need the frame, in order to hold it in. You can buy the vents separately for about $49 with the frame on Chromeworld.com or wingstuff.com or any other seller that sells windshields. I have a "Showchrome" windshield I have been pretty happy with. It came with a vent that you had to install. I think it was around $179. You did have to modify the opening slightly with a Dremel in corners, but pretty easy to install.
Hole and bevel already in the shield.

I currently modified a piece from my broken shield that I made to, near snap fit, in the hole. I would like this vent I have to work.
Seen the retail websites vents, $53 with shipping, at that price I'd rather seal the hole, that's why I'm looking just for a frame.

I've edged, cut, planed, buffed edges to crystal clear, polished out scratches and formed different plastics throughout my lifetime so I guess I could make one but the broken shield has spider fractures throughout and I don't think it's up to snuff for machining.

If someone has a vent that's all worn out or broke but still have the frame, that's what I'm looking for, just the frame.
THANKS

ka4yqi

Post by ka4yqi » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:57 pm

FM-USA, send me you address in a pm. I have something for you.

Steve

ka4yqi

Post by ka4yqi » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:46 pm

Picture of it of the windshield vent frame.

FM-USA

Post by FM-USA » Tue Oct 18, 2016 3:55 pm

Well I'll be danged... right color too. :P