Lower Fairing lights for a1200 LTD and SEI

Motorcycle related items for sale or wanted
  • Sponsored Links
fastf
Motorcycle: 2003 honda goldwing

Lower Fairing lights for a1200 LTD and SEI

Postby fastf » Thu May 12, 2011 6:19 pm

I am looking for lower fairing lights for a LTD or SEI they look like fog lights and some people make them into fog lights .Before you say look on Ebay done it had one in my sites got out bid the last second that sucks but that is life.I have one that lens is broken i would like to replace it.Thanks and Have A Blessed Day.

TDarby719
Motorcycle: 1985 GL1200 LTD

Re: Lower Fairing lights for a1200 LTD and SEI

Postby TDarby719 » Sat May 14, 2011 7:37 pm

Do you need left or right... I will look in the parts tomorrow that I have "extra".

fastf

Postby fastf » Sun May 15, 2011 6:10 am

Hold on I had been talking to a guy in Pa he has two that he bought new and never put them on and I also found one on ebay a guy would take off a lower fairing for 30 dollars but add shipping i can buy the two lights for what ebay wanted for one for a few extra dollars all I need is the left light but shipping is whats so expensive but I also need you tech advice I think i got a fan switch that ain't turning on real fast what i want to do is replace it with one that comes on at a lower temp someone on ebay sells them but I cannot remember where the fan switch is and have you ever talked to someone who has one of those low temp switches.

TDarby719

Postby TDarby719 » Sun May 15, 2011 9:53 am

Fan should come on when you are at 2 bars above the half mark. Heard people that have used the lower temperature switch talk about the fan never turning off. Also heard from others that say it worked fine.

fastf

Postby fastf » Sun May 15, 2011 4:00 pm

The other week I was riding and came through fort valley ga and there was a train I was behind a group of cars when the cars strarted moving i was running hot for a moment once I got moving the temp guage came back down got my friends house switched it off went into the house for a while and came back out and started it up let it run temp rose above the half way mark almost hot hot then the fan starts slow and then kicks in man the heat comming out of that black vent you could cook hamburgers and the temp came back down it was working but it makes me think that switch is about to go bad.

TDarby719

Postby TDarby719 » Sun May 15, 2011 4:57 pm

Sounds pretty normal. Remember, the heat will rise on the sensor even after you shut down the motor. Transferred heat takes at least 25 minutes to start cooling back off. You may just want to check the fan plug on the metal plate between the fan and the motor. A nice clean connection is important on the LTD, as you already know.The small radiator needs air flowing through it as well as the fan moving it away from the rear to function well under all the plastics. I had my radiator rodded out last fall and after 26 years, it was still in excellent condition. So, clean coolant, good cap and clean connectors will keep it just fine for you.

fastf

Postby fastf » Sun May 15, 2011 6:21 pm

Had the radiator off and painted it and had the fan off so I could paint the radiator and also painted the fan mount too, Replaced the radiator hoses and new clamps but not replaced the cap it looked good but that also is no excuse but if it was bad i would see antifreeze . But also a cap going bad can make one run hot at a stop light.

epowell
Motorcycle: 1987 GL1200A Aspencade

Postby epowell » Tue May 17, 2011 10:49 am

I also need to replace both lights on mine. If whoever has or knows where I can get them please call me @ 6082932554 I am in Wisconsin. Thanks and have a great day

Return to “For Sale/Wanted”