Technical information and Q&A applicable to all years and models of Goldwings
  • Sponsored Links
keithgrg357
Motorcycle: 2006 GL1800 with LEHMAN Trike

Re: Japanese Industrial Standard Screwdriver - How to make

Post by keithgrg357 » Tue May 01, 2018 8:54 am

jdvorchak wrote:
Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:08 pm
I already said that no where on them do they say JIS but they are JIS screwdrivers none the less. I just got back from the local Harbor Freight store and purchased another set to give to my son. For $7 you will NOT be disappointed with the fit, finish and quality. Trust me you'll be glad you bought them. I've been wrenching since the 60's and have used Snap On, MAC, Stanley, Craftsman and probably every other brand you can think of. These are some of the best screwdrivers I've ever used. The handle is rubber and doesn't get slippery if you hands get wet or greasy. It is kind of oval shaped which means you can put an great deal of toque on them. After 4 years of working on metric bikes they still perform like the day they were new. I half expected them to wear out the tips but that hasn't happened. I regularly clean the handles with solvent and the rubber looks like new. No deterioration that I can see. But the best part it they fit the screw heads on these metric bikes perfectly! For example the screws on the top of the brake and clutch reservoir. You can actually stick the #2 driver into that screw and let go of it. It will stand up with no wobble and even if the screws have the slots messed up a little, it will remove them. These things fit tight into the slots.

Do what you want. You can find JIS screwdrivers online for $12 to $30 each or you can spend $7 and get a whole set. Your choice.
Could you please post the HARBOR FREIGHT Part number so some of us get a set? Thanks

dirtwinger
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800 IVA

Post by dirtwinger » Tue May 01, 2018 12:46 pm

If you were to look back on page one of this thread, you'll find the Harbor Freight part number shown, which is 90764 (also 61259) for the 32 piece kit at $7.99. I went to the single screwdriver at Harbor Freight for $1.69...part number 94707, and it is a perfect fit for JIS screws on my Hondas.

gt750
Motorcycle: 2006 Honda GL1800 Goldwing

Post by gt750 » Wed May 02, 2018 4:33 am

I'm tired of cheap tools, so I looked at "Vessel" screwdrivers recently. Ordered one that is able to be hit with a hammer for extra turning torque, an Impact screwdriver!