Loading Goldwing onto trailer

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
vaughn
Motorcycle: 1983 Gl 1100 Aspencade

Loading Goldwing onto trailer

Post by vaughn » Sun Oct 22, 2017 8:24 pm

Well I finally done it. Over 40 years of motorcycles and sometimes needing to haul them I did something stupid and dropped my 83 Aspencade while driving it up the ramp gate on my flat bed trailer.
I bought another vehicle and I rode my bike to pick it up.
Left the bike while I drove home to get my trailer and go back to get the bike. Well the dealers lot is not level and I did not have the trailer crossways level and part way up the ramp the bike went over on the left side throwing me off. Got up and shut bike off. Laying on crash guards on ramp. With some help got it righted and off ramp and repositioned the trailer. Got it on and drove home. The bike is fine. Slight scuffing under left crash guard. My left foot is another matter. It must of made contact with the metal ramp when I came off the bike. Big bruise on left side of foot. Swelled up real good. Cannot hardly walk. Will see in the morning how it is. Stupid hurts. Good news is my new to me Blazer tows the trailer excellent. Now I can finally go pickup stuff again. My old vehicles hitch rusted off. Now have heated leather seats for winter. Guess I will be putting the bike up for winter. When my foot gets better I have to go up to the lake and haul my little Jon boat home for the winter.

minimac
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade
2006 Burgman Executive
2007 Yamaha Majesty
2006 Yamaha Morphous

Re: Loading Goldwing onto trailer

Post by minimac » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:47 am

Don't mess around and see a doctor. You don't want a blood clot -or worse and make sure you're not doing more damage.

vaughn
Motorcycle: 1983 Gl 1100 Aspencade

Re: Loading Goldwing onto trailer

Post by vaughn » Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:01 pm

Update on foot. I had an X-ray and I fractured the 5 th matatarsal bone
Have to wear a boot for 6 weeks. Real clumsy walking .
Could of been worse.