Noise over intercom - where to put the filter

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
chads920
Motorcycle: 93 1500A Gold Wing - Champion Trike
03 Yamaha RSV (sold)
89 Yamaha VR (sold)
90 Bunkhouse tent trailer (sold)
2016 Bunkhouse - Queen

Noise over intercom - where to put the filter

Post by chads920 » Mon May 07, 2018 9:49 pm

my 1500A did not have a CB so I installed one along with all the associated parts right... no I've missed something . I get a peeping noise which fluctuates with RPM and is prevelent when using the intercom (don't know about the CB because I haven't had an extended comm with anyone). Persons have informed me that I need to install a "Filter" but where.. I installed a new 95 amp alternator, new LED headlight, ground terminal and various electronic and tape LED lights but no filter. So i'm appealing to you for assistance (and photos if possible) in locating a filter (which I believe I purchased from Al' Garage along with many other used plastic and wiring harness etc. If I can see what one looks like and where it goes I can fix this problem (I think).
My solution todate is to play Metal (music) over the tape deck and drowned out the peeping. I can tell you that my wife apparently doesn't appreciate my choice in music... so happy wife happy life as they say.

Sometimes your find yourself on a lonely open road, sometimes on a open road you find yourself.
BBM - PIN 24DF1560
Member of the Royal Canadian Legion Br. 227, Legion Rider Unit member