ONE FOR THE BOOK OF LEARNING ABOUT YOUR WING STARTING PROBLEMS

Information and questions on GL1500 Goldwings (1988-2000)
  • Sponsored Links
wingdings
Motorcycle: Honda Goldwing gl 1989

ONE FOR THE BOOK OF LEARNING ABOUT YOUR WING STARTING PROBLEMS

Post by wingdings » Tue May 08, 2018 6:33 pm

Hi - Folks - Just been repairing my friends 88 - gold wing for him - Getting it ready for its MOT - While fixing it up I hit a snag the bike would not start up after doing the simple stuff - kill switch - side stand - etc - went on to the starter A- relay - tested that - used the thread -viewtopic.php?t=6637 ( great source of info there )

finally ran a screw driver over starter b contacts that got the bike started again !! - tested starter b relay checked out fine could not understand what was causing the problem ?? - then if you look at the picture above there is another wire on the starter B relay that comes up from the bottom of the relay on the end of this there is a push fit snap connecter this wire runs up into the wiring loom it had some how worked its way loose from the push fit connecter - it was this that was causing the bike not to start up - it had been routed in so tightly that the two snap connecter ends barely would meet together - so I re-rooted the wire - this gave me more cable to push home the two half's of the snap connector more firmly . once I had this connected back up again

bingo !! it solved the starting problem - happy days :D :D :D :D :D - The funny thing is that my friend had run the bike all over the place over speed humps the lot no problems - got to the workshop then it just would not start at all - all that because a block connector had worked loose my friend was having kittens as to what was causing the problem he was thinking - hydro-locked - starter motor etc - all the expensive stuff when in fact it was just a penny block connector .

Just thought i share this experance with you all - defo one for your black book - when trouble shooting start problems on your wing yes :) :) :)