Search found 104 matches

by jbaviera
Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:02 pm
Forum: GL1500 Information & Questions
Topic: This is the most difficult bike I have ever worked on.
Replies: 53
Views: 3108

Re: This is the most difficult bike I have ever worked on.

Not sure where to post this so I flipped a coin. :lol: Last month I picked up a 2000 se with side car. I rode for a week or so just to get a feel for the bike and to see if there are any major things raises its ugly head. runs smooth, has the typical idle surge, 750 - 1k till warmed up, late engage...
by jbaviera
Sat Mar 14, 2020 8:18 pm
Forum: GL1500 Information & Questions
Topic: Problem fitting Wing Gear Trunk Lid Organizer
Replies: 4
Views: 277

Re: Problem fitting Wing Gear Trunk Lid Organizer

I have the same one. Had to install the center 2 screws first, but I kind of left them loose at first. I also bought the saddle bag liners as well. Talk about a pain to install :evil: Because the studs for the reflectors aren't very long, the acorn nuts wouldn't go back on. Had to buy some brass fer...
by jbaviera
Fri Mar 06, 2020 5:50 pm
Forum: Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings
Topic: Fourth Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Aug 19-23 2020
Replies: 53
Views: 2973

Re: Fourth Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Aug 19-23 2020

Motel Information Hampton Inn 950 Pepper's Ferry Road Wytheville, VA 24382 276-228-6090 August 19-23, 2020 Special Group Rate: $109/night Rooms must be booked by July 21, 2020 to obtain this special rate. Get a roomie and cut this rate in half. A block of rooms have been reserved under the GOLDWING...
by jbaviera
Mon Mar 02, 2020 6:00 pm
Forum: GL1500 Information & Questions
Topic: This is the most difficult bike I have ever worked on.
Replies: 53
Views: 3108

Re: This is the most difficult bike I have ever worked on.

Back in 81 (at 23yo), I almost bought one new, instead, I bought an 81 Datsun PU. Waited till I turned 50 before I got an 84 Honda VF500C to learn on (Oh what a money pit that turned out to be).
by jbaviera
Sat Feb 29, 2020 10:26 pm
Forum: GL1500 Information & Questions
Topic: 1500 lcd panel
Replies: 13
Views: 548

Re: 1500 lcd panel

I replaced my dash lights with LEDs, I don't have that problem. I wonder if the bulbs you put in, need turned 90° for better visability.
by jbaviera
Sat Feb 29, 2020 8:52 pm
Forum: GL1500 Information & Questions
Topic: This is the most difficult bike I have ever worked on.
Replies: 53
Views: 3108

Re: This is the most difficult bike I have ever worked on.

Thanks, this helps add to the list of "what not to buy". I know these are all great bikes, but sometimes don't you just want to go buy a ultra simple 650cc naked retro bike that you can see every part on it standing 6 feet away? A bike where the most exotic tool you need is an Allen wrench? I know,...
by jbaviera
Sat Feb 29, 2020 5:17 pm
Forum: GL1500 Information & Questions
Topic: Pros and cons of back off brake unit
Replies: 31
Views: 1330

Re: Pros and cons of back off brake unit

I installed the XP last spring, when I installed all LED lighting (half my instrument cluster was out, so...). Opted for mode 1, on all brake lights. I don't have a spoiler to opt for just that brake light. Mounted mine under the seat, where I tapped into the brake wire.
by jbaviera
Fri Feb 28, 2020 5:35 pm
Forum: GL1500 Information & Questions
Topic: MP3 and SATNAV audio detector
Replies: 10
Views: 363

Re: MP3 and SATNAV audio detector

This is something that could be used with any input!

If you have a parts list that you used, that would be great.
by jbaviera
Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:08 pm
Forum: GL1500 Information & Questions
Topic: MP3 and SATNAV audio detector
Replies: 10
Views: 363

Re: MP3 and SATNAV audio detector

Interesting! I take it, it works well?
by jbaviera
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:37 pm
Forum: GL1500 Information & Questions
Topic: Gear indicator manufacturer
Replies: 61
Views: 1702

Re: Gear indicator manufacturer

troussos wrote:
Tue Jan 28, 2020 8:37 am
Consider mounting the indicator behind the right speaker grill.
Not necessarily behind the Right one, maybe the left. I've been thinking about next to the left dash vent, close to where it's currently situated.
by jbaviera
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:41 pm
Forum: GL1500 Information & Questions
Topic: Gear indicator manufacturer
Replies: 61
Views: 1702

Re: Gear indicator manufacturer

troussos wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:22 pm
Ahhhh...that did the trick!

I have been following a similar item on eBay. But, how does it show first gear when the GL1500 wire harness doesn't have a 1st gear lead?
I doesn't, there is no input from the transmission. I just figure, no indication, I must be in 1st.
by jbaviera
Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:39 pm
Forum: GL1500 Information & Questions
Topic: Gear indicator manufacturer
Replies: 61
Views: 1702

Re: Gear indicator manufacturer

Jbaviera, When you hookup your gear indicator, would you kindly write down exactly how you did it and possibly include pictures along with it, and post it all here. Please Thank you Frank Sorry, did this last summer. Didn't think to take pics till after everything was together. All I did was match ...
by jbaviera
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:32 pm
Forum: GL1500 Information & Questions
Topic: Gear indicator manufacturer
Replies: 61
Views: 1702

Re: Gear indicator manufacturer

troussos wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 8:18 am
I tried clicking the link, but all I get is that the site cannot be reached.
Lets try this again.
https://www.amazon.com/Autone-Motorcycl ... B07RJ36ZGW
by jbaviera
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:16 am
Forum: GL1500 Information & Questions
Topic: Gear indicator manufacturer
Replies: 61
Views: 1702

Re: Gear indicator manufacturer

I ordered this indicator from Amazon: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07RJ36ZGW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 It even has "Reverse", if you so desire to wire it in. It doesn't have the connectors you'll need to plug it in, but if you have a "donor" harness, you should be able...
by jbaviera
Sun Dec 01, 2019 8:55 am
Forum: GL1500 Information & Questions
Topic: Extra Fuel Tank
Replies: 52
Views: 2518

Re: Extra Fuel Tank

That's "fuel" for thought. (get it) I have looked at the FSM and maybe a fitting can be installed into the factory tank. Top? Maybe on the left side. An inline fuel pump I think would be best, VS an in tank fuel pump with a momentary on switch so fuel could be pumped into the factory tank. That way...
by jbaviera
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:10 am
Forum: Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings
Topic: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019
Replies: 303
Views: 18927

Re: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019

With the chatter that's been on here about next years gathering, I started a new thread here: viewtopic.php?f=20&t=53786

Where ever it ends up being, I'll be there!


-Jeff
by jbaviera
Sun Oct 13, 2019 8:07 am
Forum: Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings
Topic: Fourth Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Aug 19-23 2020
Replies: 53
Views: 2973

Fourth Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Aug 19-23 2020

With so much chatter for the next Gathering, I figured I'd start this thread.

So far, the Wise/Tazewell, VA areas have been suggested for rides on the "Back of the Dragon", and "Claw of the Dragon", where a bit of interest has been shown.

What say you?

Any other suggestions?
by jbaviera
Tue Sep 10, 2019 7:18 pm
Forum: Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings
Topic: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019
Replies: 303
Views: 18927

Re: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019

OK folks, I need your assistance. If anyone going to the ride has a GoPro7, I am having trouble playing the files on my laptop when I double click them or load them into 5k. They will not play at all using Windows software. So there's a challenge one evening when we're sitting around drinking beer....
by jbaviera
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:54 pm
Forum: Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings
Topic: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019
Replies: 303
Views: 18927

Re: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019

MiWinger51 wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 7:00 pm
Last year it was supposed to rain and we never got a drop. 3 days of perfect weather. Maybe we get lucky again.
Yep, praying for dry as well!
by jbaviera
Sun Sep 08, 2019 8:50 pm
Forum: Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings
Topic: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019
Replies: 303
Views: 18927

Re: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019

Keep in mind that a 40% chance of rain is really a 60% chance of sun :D While true, it has been my experience of late, that I'll be within that 40% area that it's pouring down! Trying to keep the rain gods at bay... If all atrendees bring rain gear, it won't rain. Bring your sunglasses.... 😎 YES, W...
by jbaviera
Sun Sep 08, 2019 9:33 am
Forum: Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings
Topic: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019
Replies: 303
Views: 18927

Re: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019

If the weather does what it says here ( https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Maggie+Valley+NC?canonicalCityId=65876c304d2c754ab3a7954f1956d7266d24f433b68305306fa169bd11732efe ), it's going to be a long, wet weekend ( Just has to make up for the last two years :cry: )! Keep in mind that a 40% chance...
by jbaviera
Sat Sep 07, 2019 9:24 pm
Forum: Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings
Topic: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019
Replies: 303
Views: 18927

Re: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019

Al, Brian, Brought all the routes in to Honda TripPlanner for a look. Some great routes! Should be excellent riding. Now if all the week weather cooperates we are going to have a great time. See you all in a few days. Em Brought all mine in through Basecamp. If the weather does what it says here ( ...
by jbaviera
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:39 pm
Forum: Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings
Topic: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019
Replies: 303
Views: 18927

Re: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019

detdrbuzzard wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:24 pm
well my boot might come off on 9 / 11 but I still won't be in shape to make the M & G, my foot gets sore just walking and it doesn't take much walking to irritate it
Just take your time with it, let it continue to heal.
by jbaviera
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:36 pm
Forum: Trip Info, Reports & Gatherings
Topic: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019
Replies: 303
Views: 18927

Re: Third Annual GoldwingDocs Gathering - Sep 11-15, 2019

detdrbuzzard wrote:
Thu Sep 05, 2019 8:22 pm
BlueThunder wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:53 am
Johnbedard9 wrote:
Sun Sep 01, 2019 7:50 am
Pick some routes for the old guys with a trike.
:D Don't worry, you'll be able to ride the routes.
the gravel routes too?? :)
Well, at least on a trike, he won't have to worry about dropping it!
by jbaviera
Sun Sep 01, 2019 6:39 pm
Forum: Camping and Trailers
Topic: TravLite Camper Set-Up
Replies: 7
Views: 690

Re: TravLite Camper Set-Up

Thanks for the setup photos, they should come in handy. I will say though, it looks like I might have a different model. the two side boards have fold-outs that wrap around the forward support to the peak, and there is an extension on the top and both sides ave the extensions as well.