pushed over

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
CrystalPistol
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500SE/'98 Lehman Trike

Re: pushed over

Post by CrystalPistol » Sat Aug 20, 2016 9:39 pm

Happytrails wrote:Had my bike tip over twice so far. ... etc ... Its only 950lbs! :D

I5k4Uj3YTnY
That's her with longer hair I think. It was May 2015 and NC Drill Team was at our fundraiser. Put on a great show all way 'round.
Attachments

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (sold)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (wife's!)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Post by WingAdmin » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:13 pm

Happytrails wrote:Had my bike tip over twice so far. 2nd time was on uneven payment (that caused the bike to fall over) and gravel. Honestly wasn't sure if I was gonna pick it up with my feet sliding around on gravel but eventually got it. If its gonna fall over just let it or you might hurt you back or shoulders trying to save it. Its only 950lbs! :D

That video is good, but it's a bit misleading, and shows the technique slightly wrong. If you watch, she is sitting down on top of the seat, and pulling it up with her hands. This means her back is involved in the lift, which is wrong.

You want to put your rear end against the side of the seat, not sitting on the top of it. That way, your massive leg muscles are doing all the work, pushing directly against the seat, where YOUR seat is positioned. Your arms should not be doing any lifting at all, they should just be used to stabilize the bike (and yourself) as it goes up.

rick.sheeley
Motorcycle: 1995 Honda GL1500 SE

Post by rick.sheeley » Thu Sep 01, 2016 9:41 pm

In case you decide you need it....

http://www.motobikejack.com

FM-USA
Motorcycle: mc's

Post by FM-USA » Thu Dec 01, 2016 4:59 pm

Stopped at WallyMarty for my meds one NICE day. Parked in a car space about a dozens spaces from the door.
Came out and found my Wing on it's right side. Flat ground and no wind. I'm a double darkside'r and the Austone makes the bike tip more on the side stand.
So this old lady gets out of her car and tells me it was a black Ford puckup truck fella that got out and pushed it over. She also said as it was leaving she seen a large HD sticker in the rear window (I know that truck, now keeping an eye out).
Anyways, she asked if I needed any help. Now she's a quaint little thing of MAYBE 90 lbs wet. I said thanks, I can get it. Then frontal lifted it like it was a mid size dirt bike. LOL YA-ya, showing off a little.

BTW: That girl in the video... She started to life that Wing with JUST her left leg. Take a lookie.

Part of the key to lifting is locking the parts of your body that DON'T need bending... like your back.
Hunker in with slightly bent knees, forward or backward, grab the seat bar and grip and bend your elbows slightly. Start to lift with your legs, once the bike starts to move, THEN use your arms, not before the bike moves.

It's like other say, BIG muscles get it moving, then the smaller ones help out. Do it a couple times and you'll be amazed how quick you can lift it. Practice-practice-practice. Keeps you in shape also... you 900 pound lifting beast you! ;)
I'm hounded for posting helpful solutions? ARGO!!! (2012 film)
"Let's see how long this round will last."

waituntilthebeep
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800
Black and Silver
Previously:
1989 GL1500
Wineberry Red
'01 Shadow 750
DOUBLE DARK SIDE #1467 on Michelin Primacy and BT45

Post by waituntilthebeep » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:43 am

You live in NYC... Hire a Guido! Thugs will get the hint pretty quick ;)

waituntilthebeep
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800
Black and Silver
Previously:
1989 GL1500
Wineberry Red
'01 Shadow 750
DOUBLE DARK SIDE #1467 on Michelin Primacy and BT45

Post by waituntilthebeep » Fri Dec 02, 2016 9:51 am

FM-USA wrote: Then frontal lifted it like it was a mid size dirt bike. LOL YA-ya, showing off a little. ;)
Being the sometimes arrogant ass that I tend to be, someone at work said that they figured it was really hard to right a Wing if it tipped over. I nonchalantly dropped the bike ( keeping it from going past the crash bars and causing damage of course) and told him to see if he could pick it up. He couldn't, then I did the lift with your legs trick and EASILY righted it. He called me a couple creative names and I acknowledged that he wasn't wrong. Would have been easier to tell him it was way easier than he thought and left it at that but how else would I stroke my bloated male ego? Haven't done it sense... it about broke my heart to hear the crunching noise of the crash bars slamming into the blacktop. Ego or no, it's just not worth it. Probably time to grow up anyway. 8-)

FM-USA
Motorcycle: mc's

Post by FM-USA » Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:38 am

waituntilthebeep
Don't ya just love those "WINNERS" on the loosing team? :roll:

It would be a little easier if the bars could be locked in the straight ahead position.
The grips would then be at your advantage, fulcrumly speaking. :ugeek:

I'm hounded for posting helpful solutions? ARGO!!! (2012 film)
"Let's see how long this round will last."