Who Never Wears A Helmet


Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
User avatar
PileDriver
Posts: 16
Joined: Tue Sep 12, 2017 9:26 am
Location: Kitsap Co, WA
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Aspencade
1993 GL1500

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by PileDriver » Thu Oct 26, 2017 3:55 pm



I always wear a full face helmet, but I fully oppose helmet laws.

The only point I'll argue is those who claim lost peripheral vision when wearing a helmet. I can see out of the helmet beyond the outside edge of my glasses. I would argue that's plenty of peripheral vision - certainly enough to effectively detect anything at speed. If your ONLY argument against wearing a helmet is reduced vision, then I will question if your vision is good enough to be operating any vehicle - motorcycle or otherwise.


1984 Goldwing Aspencade
1993 Goldwing Aspencade

User avatar
suvcw04
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: NE Iowa
Motorcycle: 2005 GL1800 Lehman Trike

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by suvcw04 » Sat Oct 28, 2017 2:24 pm

someone548 wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:11 pm
Pretty simple really. Should just be the rider's choice. Same with seat belts in my opinion. I always wear a helmet but it doesn't bother me if anyone else does or doesn't.
As long as my taxes don't pay for their medical and long term care bills.

User avatar
C-dub
Posts: 131
Joined: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:29 pm
Location: DFW, Texas
Motorcycle: 2016 Goldwing Audio/Comfort/Nav ABS
Previous bikes:
2005 Hayabusa
1999 Suzuki Bandit 1200S
198? Suzuki GS850G
1983 Suzuki GS1100E
198? Honda XL250R
197? Suzuki GT185
197? Suzuki 90 dirtbike

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by C-dub » Sat Oct 28, 2017 5:58 pm

I always wear a helmet. Except back in the 80's when cruising along the strand down at one of the beaches in San Diego.

I don't care if others wear or don't wear a helmet. It's their choice. Just don't claim it hurts your peripheral vision or ability to hear. The opening on all helmets is required by the DOT to be at least 210 degrees. Peripheral vision simply can't be greater than 180. Also, due to the helmet blocking quite a bit of wind noise, a rider can actually hear traffic noise better.

Just say you like riding without a helmet or that you don't like what it does to your hair.
I am not and have never been a LEO. My avatar is in honor of my friend, Dallas Police Sargent Michael Smith, who was murdered along with four other officers in Dallas on 7.7.2016.

User avatar
themainviking
Posts: 3138
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by themainviking » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:37 am

Grindl wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 3:23 pm
Your math is a little off ; but close . I've been riding for 55 years and my motorcycle has always been my primary transportation . Many own motorcycles as a weekend recreational vehicle , but I'm not one of , "those guys" . For years ; my daily back and forth to work was 145 miles . Buy gas for a cage for that trip for a year . The only state I haven't ridden in is Alaska ; and I've logged a almost trans-Canada trip back in the days when you didn't have to have a passport to go there . And gas stops were not within reach of your tanks capacity . Phoenix to Cleve. , Ohio to Montreal to Calgary and back down to Phoenix . And people spent more time behind a set of "bars" , than a key-board . Couple of short trips into Mexico , just cause it was close , and not the political issue it is now .

I rode for the simple pleasure of riding . I've crossed country on Triumphs ; Ariel Square-four , Norton's and Honda's and like the catch phrase , it was about the ride . Had the pleasure of riding two Vincent's . A Black Knight and a Shadow . A Suzuki Rotary , and one of the first 750 Tridents in the country . I was a long-haired , dope-smoking , stretched front-end , chopper-ridin "Biker" , before "Easy rider" hit the big screen . And yup ! Even spent some days in some local county jails , livin the life-style . No big thang .....Don't mean nothin . Rode "Patched" , and solo . But I rode .
My riding experience pretty much tallies with yours, except for the miles. As I live in a six months winter country, and spent 25 years in the army going to where I could not take my bike, I feel I have ridden what I could. I happen to know that it is very possible to ride 130K miles in a year, as I did it the year I got out of the army to try to regain my sanity. In that year, I got to every state but three, one of those being Hawaii and the other two Delaware and Maryland, and I hit every province in Canada plus the territories. Yeah, I got to Alaska as well. I have ridden patched and solo and with others other than patched, wore out four Harleys, as that is what I rode back then (and rebuilt them my own self) I have ridden without a helmet and with a helmet. Where I live now requires one, so I conform. If I ride through a non helmet place, such as South Dakota, there is a great chance that I may remove my helmet for a bit, but not for a great bit, as I am now at the point that I feel uncomfortable riding without it, having now ridden with one for 25 plus years. I have 800K plus miles to my credit, and have had three accidents. All three were the fault of cages either pulling out in front of me, or hitting me from behind. I was wearing a helmet in one of these, and it is the only one where I hit my head. Now, my accidents were before they put curbing everywhere, so who knows what could have been. I also agree with the "let those who ride decide [for themselves]" people. I also have read the UK/Australian study that reports the spinal injuries to Full Face Helmet use.

Perhaps I should not have posted here, because I am definitely NOT one of those who NEVER wears a helmet, but I felt a bit of extra info for the thread couldn't hurt.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

Image

Grindl
Posts: 112
Joined: Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:37 pm
Location: Peoria , Arizona
Motorcycle: 1978 GL-1000 , 1983 GL-1100A Aspencade

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by Grindl » Mon Dec 25, 2017 2:42 am

Mainviking ; you have every right to post on the subject . You ride ...and you do and don't wear a helmet . Your opinion is just as valid as anybody else's on these pages . Maybe more so , based on experience . Mention helmets and people get their panties in a twist , and the helmet Nazi's get all sanctimonious with everybody . It is a simple subject , if you are a adult . You can , or you can choose not to , if you live where that is allowed by law . We all make choices ...and we are responsible for those choices . Good or bad .

For those who don't know anything about me ; I wear a DNR necklace and bracelet , have a very large insurance policy so my wife can burn what's left , and live comfortably afterward , and I am NOT a Organ Donor to anyone except my own immediate family , if there is anything viable to donate .

My attitude on this whole subject is quite simple . If ya want a guarantee of safety and security , buy a refrigerator . Cause you sure as Hell won't get one with a motorcycle . And if your that concerned about it , why are you riding to begin with . Your safer sky-diving at 135 mph in free-fall than you are on a bike anywhere . Follow good , safe riding practices , be courteous on the highway , and enjoy the ride . With or without a helmet ... :lol:

User avatar
octane94
Posts: 10
Joined: Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:34 pm
Location: Austin, TX
Motorcycle: 1977 GL1000

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by octane94 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:05 pm

I used to think it was the rider's right to choose. But when my younger brother crashed his GPZ with no helmet and left his family with no wife, father, income or insurance and I saw the devestation that caused, I decided that sometimes when someone is as STUPID as to ride without one, perhaps someone needs to step in. And yes I count myself as one of those STUPID ones, but I now ride with a helmet every time.

User avatar
AZgl1800
Posts: 1032
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: Lake Oologah Indian Territory USA
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by AZgl1800 » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:51 pm

back in about 1972, I ended up landing on my head, upside down, because my dog saw a rabbit on the other side of my bike, and yep, he hit the trail knowing I was there, he was following me....

but, when that rabbit showed up, to hell with his human, he was going to catch that rabbit.

the front tire struck the dog right at his shoulder, turned the bike hard left, and we both ended up in a gravel pit..

I ended up at the doctor's office being admonished in no uncertain words that I was the Most Stupid Person On Earth for not wearing a helmet, and only slightly less stupid, because I rode a MurderCycle.

I bought two new helmets that day, one for me, and one for the wife.
~John

User avatar
Solina Dave
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:38 pm
Location: Solina, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 1978 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (bought in fall of '77)
!977 Honda CB550F (my 1st motorcycle)

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by Solina Dave » Thu Dec 28, 2017 9:17 pm

I'm one of the first ones to lobby for less government intervention in my life. But some of it is, unfortunately, often necessary to protect those who don't have control. Those, like wives, kids, mothers, fathers, brothers, sisters, friends etc. etc. etc. who are left suffering with the loss of a loved one killed in a motorcycle fiasco.
I only wear a 3/4 open faced helmet. I always have, and no doubt always will. Aside from the fact that wearing a helmet is mandatory in Ontario. I know it's nowhere near as effective as a full-face helmet, but for sure it's better than no helmet at all.
I was reluctant to post this, because it seems that there's too much worthless sensationalizing about the damage caused by the lack of helmet use. Gory pictures etc. It's like saying, "Stop Smoking!! Or Your Lungs Will Look Like This!!" Long term smokers couldn't care less, so you may as well try a different approach on the subject than that. I've seen people walking out of our local hospital's cancer treatment centre, pushing their IV stand, to have a smoke in the parking lot. Do you think that person, who may have been a long time helmetless rider is going to start wearing a helmet because you said, "You'll Damage Your Head And Die If You Don't Wear Your Helmet!!!" Look At These Pictures Stupid!!!
A few years ago I had a pituitary tumor removed by a somewhat elderly brain surgeon. He'd been at it for many years, was a brain trauma surgeon at Sunnybrook in Toronto, and was very well recognized in that field. I went for a few followups after the surgery, and he eventually became aware that I was a motorcyclist. He didn't approve. He suggested that I don't ride a motorcycle any longer, and that was about all he ever said on the issue. But I often think, as I'm putting on my helmet, if anyone was going to have a valid argument, regarding the inherent dangers of motorcycling, and the lack of helmet wear, it would be him....................................Don't get me goin'!!

Just sayin'.........................Dave
"Assume Nothing"

User avatar
AZgl1800
Posts: 1032
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: Lake Oologah Indian Territory USA
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by AZgl1800 » Fri Dec 29, 2017 9:58 am

Those two helmets that I bought in 1972 were 3/4 helmets.

at the time, I can't recall if full face helmets were even available.

yes, my chin stuck out there in the wind, but at least if I landed upside down again, no gravel would be stuck in my noggin :lol:

some are aware of my Jan 2008 accident where an 18 wheeler pushed me into the center median wall.... somehow, in that accident, my modular full face helmet came off of my head.... the photos taken by the investigator show it sitting upright near the truck, and my bike some 50 feet or so away? photos don't come with rulers in them..... even with ATGATT, I awoke a week later in ICU, and spent another 10 days in recovery, and another 10 years now trying to recover from the effects.....

3 concussions resulted in loss of short term memory.... now where did I leave my glasses???? happens many times every day.

lost all control of body temperature functions, Hypothalamus gland was destroyed....

somehow, I can remember pretty much anything prior to that accident, but have no memory of how that accident progressed... just remember thinking "do I downshift and outrun that bad situation, or do I hit the brakes and back off and let him get away from me..... and the next thought I had was "where am I" a week later in the hospital.
Attachments


~John

Tamredfox
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:44 am
Location: Loveland CO
Motorcycle: 1976 GL1000

Helmets

Post by Tamredfox » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:17 pm

This is my first post here. I have ridden with out a helmet and the first thing I noticed was the lack of noise. I love the clear quiet air.
Windshields and helmets always seem to ad noise. That said,a high side followed by a face plant and long face down slide on asphalt destroyed (wore nearly through the laminate on both sides of the chin bar) a very expensive helmet. This made me choose to always wear a helmet and try to deal with the noise. My Gl1000 has no windscreen and likely never will except maybe in the very cold weather. My BMW Dealer allowed me to test ride all his windshield inventory on my GSA until found the one that had the least noise/buffeting.
If I am to wear a helmet I choose to wear modular. However in a recent cross wind of maybe 40 mph the noise even with ear plugs, drowned out my Sena at full volume. The inside the helmet
noise was painful at times and something akin to standing behind my old unbaffled softail at max revs with its long-shots. An Arai full face is slightly better. I am thinking of making some type of helmet skirt to help with the noise

User avatar
Ravyn
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:52 pm
Location: Wa....
Motorcycle: 2002 GL1800, 2000 Kawasaki w650, 2010 Yamaha xt250, 1972 Honda ct-90 dual range tranny, 1968 Honda Express 102 original miles, 1982 Honda cx500 custom, 1972 Bultaco Alpina,
1980 Honda cx500 turbo..."for sale" My latest bike is a 1994 GL1500SE, side car rig.

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by Ravyn » Fri Jan 05, 2018 12:31 pm

Well I do not believe there should be a helmet law. We should all have the choice to be be smart or stupid. That being said I always wear a helmet.
Why would you not want to protect yourself? All the excuses I have heard in this thread and the other one on wearing a helmet are just plain not valid. All you non helmet wearing folks stop and think about what you said, while you still have some brains left in your head to think with. In my 56 years of riding I have had 4 mishaps that would have caused me to be growing daisies if I had not had a helmet on. And just because you haven't had a good head buster yet doesn't mean you wont.
Take a look at my helmet from an accident I had about 6 years ago or so when a cager pulled out of a drive way right in front of me. She never looked. Wonder what my head and face would look like now if I even was lucky enough to have survived. As it was I walked away with two broken ribs.
Put your skid lid on even if you don't think you look cool !!!!! Just might save your life someday, or put me in your will and leave all your money to me.







User avatar
brianinpa
Posts: 170
Joined: Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:13 pm
Location: Lebanon, PA
Motorcycle: 1984 GL1200 Standard
1987 GL1200 Interstate

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by brianinpa » Tue Jan 09, 2018 7:33 am

Grindl wrote:
Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:27 am
Always a topic that guarantees conflict and controversy . Almost as bad as trying to discuss the 2nd Amendment and gun rights with a left-wing radical , anti-gun advocate .

snip, snip, snip
Anything that I would add would simply take away from what Grindl already posted, but I always have to wonder...

If you need to resort to name calling to prove a point, is your point worth proving?
Brian

If you aren't having fun doing it, find something else to do.

User avatar
tirebuildersrule
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:48 pm
Location: Cache,oklahoma
Motorcycle: 1989 gl1500

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by tirebuildersrule » Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 pm

I don't agree with helmet laws or seat belt laws, unless you are younger than 18. I used to never wear a helmet and for the longest time didn't have a motorcycle endorsement. I passed the written test, but you had to wear a helmet for the riding test, and I wasn't going to buy a helmet for one time use.
I used to be the worst kind of smoker (I enjoyed It). Alot changed when I met wife #2, I quit smoking, I wear a helmet.
I used to have a Harley, now I have a Goldwing. I bought it because it is comfortable and has reverse, which I need because I have alot of stuff in the garage and driveway. My Harley friends ride there's on the weekend, i bought my bike to ride.

User avatar
AZgl1800
Posts: 1032
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: Lake Oologah Indian Territory USA
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by AZgl1800 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 1:48 am

I will be 75 come March 7...

been riding since I was 12 y/o

always wear my ATGATT, but never did go get that m/c endorsement.

a couple of LEOs have stopped me, the last one because my trailer's left wheel got over the yellow line.

he looked at my license, and never said a thing.

The 1st one looked at my license in 2008 after Penske tried to kill me, and he never mentioned it either, and he is a m/c traffic officer.
~John

User avatar
brian.peters
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:57 am
Location: Peoria AZ
Motorcycle: 97 GL1500 SE

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by brian.peters » Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:11 am

Spoke to a woman at a riding class that does not wear a helmet. She said a nurse told her they would break your neck in a crash. I didn't want to argue with her but that is justifying a behavior with a total disregard doe the truth. It's convenient so believed.

Do I wear a helmet, yes. Do I think everyone should, yes. Should there be a law, frankly yes. Sometimes you are better off being told what to do.

Folks who say, my life, my choice are not taking into account the very likely possibility you will be permanently disabled not killed in an accident. Then all of us have to pay for your care. Would you be ok with no government assistance if you are injured when not wearing a helmet? You might say yes, and not really mean it, but it doesnt matter because you will get it no matter.

I get the desire to not wear one. I have taken short rides without one, not smart I admit, but I've done it and it is nice but also dangerous and Ill advised.

User avatar
AZgl1800
Posts: 1032
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: Lake Oologah Indian Territory USA
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by AZgl1800 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 10:25 am

brian.peters wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:11 am
Spoke to a woman at a riding class that does not wear a helmet. She said a nurse told her they would break your neck in a crash. I didn't want to argue with her but that is justifying a behaviour with a total disregard for the truth. It's convenient so believed.


Let her give you some direct proof of that.
I have heard that statement so many times, it is laughable.

I am one who had a severe crash with a helmet and my neck was not hurt.
Attachments


~John

User avatar
Ravyn
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:52 pm
Location: Wa....
Motorcycle: 2002 GL1800, 2000 Kawasaki w650, 2010 Yamaha xt250, 1972 Honda ct-90 dual range tranny, 1968 Honda Express 102 original miles, 1982 Honda cx500 custom, 1972 Bultaco Alpina,
1980 Honda cx500 turbo..."for sale" My latest bike is a 1994 GL1500SE, side car rig.

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by Ravyn » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:47 am

tirebuildersrule wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 pm
I don't agree with helmet laws or seat belt laws, unless you are younger than 18. I used to never wear a helmet and for the longest time didn't have a motorcycle endorsement. I passed the written test, but you had to wear a helmet for the riding test, and I wasn't going to buy a helmet for one time use.
I used to be the worst kind of smoker (I enjoyed It). Alot changed when I met wife #2, I quit smoking, I wear a helmet.
I used to have a Harley, now I have a Goldwing. I bought it because it is comfortable and has reverse, which I need because I have alot of stuff in the garage and driveway. My Harley friends ride there's on the weekend, i bought my bike to ride.
So. You quit smoking, and quit riding a Harley and started riding a wing, and started wearing a helmet....... Did you do that because you got smart or because wife #2 wanted you to??

User avatar
tirebuildersrule
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:48 pm
Location: Cache,oklahoma
Motorcycle: 1989 gl1500

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by tirebuildersrule » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:14 pm

Rayvn wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:47 am
tirebuildersrule wrote:
Tue Jan 16, 2018 7:22 pm
I don't agree with helmet laws or seat belt laws, unless you are younger than 18. I used to never wear a helmet and for the longest time didn't have a motorcycle endorsement. I passed the written test, but you had to wear a helmet for the riding test, and I wasn't going to buy a helmet for one time use.
I used to be the worst kind of smoker (I enjoyed It). Alot changed when I met wife #2, I quit smoking, I wear a helmet.
I used to have a Harley, now I have a Goldwing. I bought it because it is comfortable and has reverse, which I need because I have alot of stuff in the garage and driveway. My Harley friends ride there's on the weekend, i bought my bike to ride.
So. You quit smoking, and quit riding a Harley and started riding a wing, and started wearing a helmet....... Did you do that because you got smart or because wife #2 wanted you to??
I have to blame it on the wife. It's always the wifes fault.. :)

User avatar
tirebuildersrule
Posts: 13
Joined: Thu Dec 07, 2017 8:48 pm
Location: Cache,oklahoma
Motorcycle: 1989 gl1500

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by tirebuildersrule » Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:52 pm

brian.peters wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:11 am
Spoke to a woman at a riding class that does not wear a helmet. She said a nurse told her they would break your neck in a crash. I didn't want to argue with her but that is justifying a behavior with a total disregard doe the truth. It's convenient so believed.
The couple that I bought my wing from were first responders for a # of years, and one thing that they said, which I had never thought about before, was you can't perform C.P.R. on someone who is wearing a full face helmet.
I for one hate wearing a helmet, I have to force myself to put it on everytime. I currently have a half helmet, was thinking about getting a 3/4 helmet, then I could use the intercom or whatever, but then the wife would be too chatty :lol:

User avatar
Ravyn
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:52 pm
Location: Wa....
Motorcycle: 2002 GL1800, 2000 Kawasaki w650, 2010 Yamaha xt250, 1972 Honda ct-90 dual range tranny, 1968 Honda Express 102 original miles, 1982 Honda cx500 custom, 1972 Bultaco Alpina,
1980 Honda cx500 turbo..."for sale" My latest bike is a 1994 GL1500SE, side car rig.

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by Ravyn » Fri Jan 19, 2018 11:51 am

tirebuildersrule wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:52 pm
brian.peters wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:11 am
Spoke to a woman at a riding class that does not wear a helmet. She said a nurse told her they would break your neck in a crash. I didn't want to argue with her but that is justifying a behavior with a total disregard doe the truth. It's convenient so believed.
The couple that I bought my wing from were first responders for a # of years, and one thing that they said, which I had never thought about before, was you can't perform C.P.R. on someone who is wearing a full face helmet.
I for one hate wearing a helmet, I have to force myself to put it on everytime. I currently have a half helmet, was thinking about getting a 3/4 helmet, then I could use the intercom or whatever, but then the wife would be too chatty :lol:
Well that's not true anymore. You don't do mouth to mouth anymore. And if they do have to open up your airway they do that with a long plastic tube. Go take a CPR class. Sounds to me like you are a bit out of date. As far as wearing a helmet goes..... well I guess you really do have to blame it on your wife. Scroll up a few posts and take a look at my helmet. What do you think my head would look like if I had been wearing a half helmet. I prolly would not be alive today. Kudos on your your wife for making you wear a helmet. She sounds like an intelligent lady. Hear in Wa. state we have a helmet law, however if there were no helmet I would still be wearing one. I started wearing a helmet way back in the early 60's when I started racing and quickly learned the value of a full face helmet. Now I feel naked if I don't wear one riding out my garage to the front of my yard. To each his own, after all, it's your head. :-)

User avatar
brian.peters
Posts: 87
Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2017 10:57 am
Location: Peoria AZ
Motorcycle: 97 GL1500 SE

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by brian.peters » Sat Jan 20, 2018 8:13 pm

Also something to think about. You can get a modular and then you get the full face and open face. Also if you need CPR you are probably dead anyway. It's about 1% effective so not really a concern, for me anyway. I'm about 99% more likely to get hurt without one so I like my odds wearing one.

User avatar
Easy rider
Posts: 111
Joined: Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:53 pm
Location: Croatia / EU
Motorcycle: GL 1800 / 2013

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by Easy rider » Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:15 am

tirebuildersrule wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:52 pm
then I could use the intercom or whatever, but then the wife would be too chatty :lol:
Buy Intercom with MUTE option :mrgreen:

User avatar
Solina Dave
Posts: 549
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:38 pm
Location: Solina, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 1978 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (bought in fall of '77)
!977 Honda CB550F (my 1st motorcycle)

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by Solina Dave » Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:58 pm

Easy rider wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:15 am
tirebuildersrule wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:52 pm
then I could use the intercom or whatever, but then the wife would be too chatty :lol:
Buy Intercom with MUTE option :mrgreen:
I did that when I was still with my ex! :o
"Assume Nothing"

User avatar
Ravyn
Posts: 151
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:52 pm
Location: Wa....
Motorcycle: 2002 GL1800, 2000 Kawasaki w650, 2010 Yamaha xt250, 1972 Honda ct-90 dual range tranny, 1968 Honda Express 102 original miles, 1982 Honda cx500 custom, 1972 Bultaco Alpina,
1980 Honda cx500 turbo..."for sale" My latest bike is a 1994 GL1500SE, side car rig.

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by Ravyn » Sun Jan 21, 2018 11:41 pm

Solina Dave wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 12:58 pm
Easy rider wrote:
Sun Jan 21, 2018 9:15 am
tirebuildersrule wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:52 pm
then I could use the intercom or whatever, but then the wife would be too chatty :lol:
Buy Intercom with MUTE option :mrgreen:
I did that when I was still with my ex! :o
Oh Nooooo. You mean she left you cuz you wouldn't listen to her. hehe haha just kiddin, just kiddin...... :shock:

User avatar
suvcw04
Posts: 198
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 7:26 pm
Location: NE Iowa
Motorcycle: 2005 GL1800 Lehman Trike

Re: Who Never Wears A Helmet

Post by suvcw04 » Mon Jan 22, 2018 4:35 pm

tirebuildersrule wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 11:52 pm
brian.peters wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 8:11 am
Spoke to a woman at a riding class that does not wear a helmet. She said a nurse told her they would break your neck in a crash. I didn't want to argue with her but that is justifying a behavior with a total disregard doe the truth. It's convenient so believed.
The couple that I bought my wing from were first responders for a # of years, and one thing that they said, which I had never thought about before, was you can't perform C.P.R. on someone who is wearing a full face helmet.
I for one hate wearing a helmet, I have to force myself to put it on everytime. I currently have a half helmet, was thinking about getting a 3/4 helmet, then I could use the intercom or whatever, but then the wife would be too chatty :lol:
The woman who taught the CPR course I took last summer said, "Unless your picture is in my wallet, I am NOT going to give you mouth to mouth."



Post Reply