New posts


Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Post Reply
DaveO430
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:28 pm
Location: Amity. Ar
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800
2004 Suzuki DR200

New posts

Post by DaveO430 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:06 pm



Don't know if this is the proper place for this but. Maybe I just haven't found it but this forum sure could use a "new posts" button since it's divided up in all the different models and other sections it is inconvenient to have to go through each one to find if there is any new threads or posts.



User avatar
seelyark1
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun May 27, 2012 1:57 pm
Location: Dunnellon, Florida
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1998 GL1500 SE Totaled
1984 VT500C
1967 CB550-4

Re: New posts

Post by seelyark1 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:50 pm

I see the new topics button as easy to work with. Most new posts show up on the chat forum and if they are model specific then they often get moved to that forum. It is real easy to go to the bottom of the page and then go to any forum that you find interesting. :D There is some good info on all of them. ;)
Ride safe, and smart. Asphalt is like #1 grit sandpaper. Dave

User avatar
redbug
Posts: 426
Joined: Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:22 am
Location: Broken Arrow,Ok
Motorcycle: 1983 Gl1100I
1986 Harley FLHT

Re: New posts

Post by redbug » Wed Jan 31, 2018 7:57 pm

Under the quick links (open) there is a new posts thread or link for just that.
" Ridin on Tulsa Time "

User avatar
AZgl1800
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: Lake Oologah Indian Territory USA
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800

Re: New posts

Post by AZgl1800 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:25 pm

Dave, it has one, but it is hard to find.


use this link as the Properties of a Bookmark

search.php?search_id=unreadposts

What I did was to create a Bookmark for any page on this forum, then I look at the bookmarks, highlight the one for GoldwingDocs and right click, choose Properties, and replace what you see there with the contents of that link I showed.

for me, I just use ALT-B ( opens up Bookmarks )
N

"N" is the first letter of "New Posts GoldwingDocs" for me, I rename the link to say what I want it to say in Properties.

so, ALT-B N takes me to NewPosts here
as I showed you earlier, I use the "Home" button to go to our SSWGF forum,

I use ALT-B N N to select NAGF

New posts SSWGF
New Posts GoldwingDocs
New Posts NAGF

so, I just hit the N as many times as necessary to highlight the forum I want to go to, then ENTER
~John

DaveO430
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:28 pm
Location: Amity. Ar
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800
2004 Suzuki DR200

Re: New posts

Post by DaveO430 » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:53 pm

AZgl1800 wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 9:25 pm
Dave, it has one, but it is hard to find.


use this link as the Properties of a Bookmark

search.php?search_id=unreadposts

What I did was to create a Bookmark for any page on this forum, then I look at the bookmarks, highlight the one for GoldwingDocs and right click, choose Properties, and replace what you see there with the contents of that link I showed.

for me, I just use ALT-B ( opens up Bookmarks )
N

"N" is the first letter of "New Posts GoldwingDocs" for me, I rename the link to say what I want it to say in Properties.

so, ALT-B N takes me to NewPosts here
as I showed you earlier, I use the "Home" button to go to our SSWGF forum,

I use ALT-B N N to select NAGF

New posts SSWGF
New Posts GoldwingDocs
New Posts NAGF

so, I just hit the N as many times as necessary to highlight the forum I want to go to, then ENTER
That is more trouble than it's worth.

Thanks redbug, I found it now. All I have to do is remember it.

User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 19435
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: New posts

Post by WingAdmin » Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:39 pm

If you look up at the top, right under the main menu, you will see the "Quick Links" menu. If you click it, you'll see this:

Quick Links Menu
Quick Links Menu

From there you can select all kinds of different posts there - new ones, unread, only yours, etc.

DaveO430
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:28 pm
Location: Amity. Ar
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800
2004 Suzuki DR200

Re: New posts

Post by DaveO430 » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:07 am

WingAdmin wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:39 pm
If you look up at the top, right under the main menu, you will see the "Quick Links" menu. If you click it, you'll see this:

Posts.GIF

From there you can select all kinds of different posts there - new ones, unread, only yours, etc.
Yes, thanks to redbug I found it but I may never have on my own. I never even noticed the quick links button until he pointed it out. I was looking for something on the banner at the top.

User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 19435
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: New posts

Post by WingAdmin » Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:28 am

DaveO430 wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:07 am
WingAdmin wrote:
Wed Jan 31, 2018 11:39 pm
If you look up at the top, right under the main menu, you will see the "Quick Links" menu. If you click it, you'll see this:

Posts.GIF

From there you can select all kinds of different posts there - new ones, unread, only yours, etc.
Yes, thanks to redbug I found it but I may never have on my own. I never even noticed the quick links button until he pointed it out. I was looking for something on the banner at the top.
Alright, perhaps that's something that needs to change on the new site.

User avatar
themainviking
Posts: 3228
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:59 pm
Location: North Bay, Ontario, Canada
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Re: New posts

Post by themainviking » Thu Feb 01, 2018 3:51 pm

WingAdmin wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:28 am

Alright, perhaps that's something that needs to change on the new site.
Whachu talkin about Willis?

What new site? I was just getting used to this one, :lol: .

Oh well, progress means onward and upward.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

Image

User avatar
AZgl1800
Posts: 1214
Joined: Thu Oct 30, 2008 2:46 pm
Location: Lake Oologah Indian Territory USA
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800

Re: New posts

Post by AZgl1800 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:06 am

yes,

when the new site is up and running, NEW POSTS needs to be in the middle of the page near the top on every forum page....

I much prefer though to just use a simple keyboard shortcut....
2 key strokes and I am there.
no hunting around on any website.
~John

DaveO430
Posts: 934
Joined: Fri Jan 02, 2015 7:28 pm
Location: Amity. Ar
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800
2004 Suzuki DR200

Re: New posts

Post by DaveO430 » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:14 am

AZgl1800 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:06 am
yes,

when the new site is up and running, NEW POSTS needs to be in the middle of the page near the top on every forum page....

I much prefer though to just use a simple keyboard shortcut....
2 key strokes and I am there.
no hunting around on any website.
But you are a keyboard monkey, me and most people in our age group are point and click.

User avatar
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Posts: 19435
Joined: Fri Oct 03, 2008 4:16 pm
Location: Strongsville, OH
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: New posts

Post by WingAdmin » Fri Feb 02, 2018 10:04 am

DaveO430 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:14 am
AZgl1800 wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:06 am
yes,

when the new site is up and running, NEW POSTS needs to be in the middle of the page near the top on every forum page....

I much prefer though to just use a simple keyboard shortcut....
2 key strokes and I am there.
no hunting around on any website.
But you are a keyboard monkey, me and most people in our age group are point and click.
And statistically speaking (and one of the main drivers for the site rework) over 60% of the visitors on the site are point and touch (i.e. phone)!



Post Reply