Got a good deal on some GL1100 parts.

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Good Hondog
Motorcycle: 1980 GL1100 Interstate

Got a good deal on some GL1100 parts.

Post by Good Hondog » Mon Apr 23, 2018 10:06 pm

Last week I was looking through the on-line listings of a local buy and sell site for Goldwings and parts for sale. I answered an add for a new pair of Dunlop tires mounted and balanced on a set of 1981 Interstate wheels for $125. I happen to need new tires right now for my 1100 so I arranged to go see them. They were just as advertised, brand new with 0 miles on them, and both wheels still had all the brake rotors installed. I got them plus the correct set of 1980/1981 passenger footpegs and the correct handlebar clamps from the top triple tree. $150 for everything and the deal was done. I felt bad for the bike he was parting out because it looked to be a lot better bike than the old Hondog I'm working on. This guy had been tinkering with it for over a year trying to get it running and basically got sick and tired of working on it so he decided to cut his loses and just part it out. It makes me wonder how many other pretty good bikes with excellent potential have been given up on and ended up parted out or junked.