Carb sync tool Ottawa, ON

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
Lucky07
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100A Aspencade, 1984 CB550SC

Carb sync tool Ottawa, ON

Post by Lucky07 » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:42 am

Well I've been lurking on here since last fall. I bought a 1983 GL1100A that had been sitting for a few years and started getting her into running order for this coming season. Finally made an acount and now I'm finally posting something ... yay me!

Long story short I started with wanting to fix a little bit of coolant coming from the weep hole.

Ended up putting a seal kit in ... then while I was already up front I put in new crank and cam seals, timing belts, napa idler conversion. Then in no particular order ... sealed leaky valve covers, freed up tight throttle and clutch cable, cleaned the rad, new hoses, flush and new coolant, tore appart rear caliper to clean it up and gave it new pads, flushed all brakes with new fluid, new rear tire, final drive oil and proper moly paste, changed some burnt chicken lights, painted the front vent grills ... and autosoled a whackload of chrome (yes autosol is a verb lol).

Now everything works as it should and all I really have left to do is a little bit of electrical inspection and to sync the carbs.

Which is why I'm here ... bike starts like a top even at 20c below but its got a little bit of a clack on the right side at idle that goes away the second I bring the rpms up a little, so I'm thinking its likely a carb thats a little out of sync. Is there anyone up around Ottawa (the one in Canada) that might have a good sync tool and experience that could help me get this thing sorted out come spring?

I'll figure it out on my own if I have to but if someone that's willing to help has the tool and the experience ... and I have the possibility of making a new buddy in the process all the better.

I'm only 30 and everyone around me is either on cruisers, harleys or crotch rockets ... and as you can see from this long winded post not too many people to talk wings with lol

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Re: Carb sync tool Ottawa, ON

Post by themainviking » Tue Mar 05, 2019 7:56 am

Well, I cannot help with the carb syncing, but welcome to the forum. I am up the road a ways in North Bay but have a fuely, so no carb syncing. We have some Oldwing riders up here who probably have the tools, but that doesn't help you, does it. Just have patience. A city the size of Ottawa must have some forum members.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey