Facebook Goldwing sights

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
keithg64
Motorcycle: 2007 Gl1800HPNA Blue
2000 GL1500 Pearl Coranado Blue -sold

Facebook Goldwing sights

Post by keithg64 » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:06 pm

I have liked several goldwing sights on Facebook and really a lot of them are ridiculous, mean and the same questions over and over. People seem to go there for technical questions only to be slammed or belittled. And really I dont think Facebook is a place for technical questions. Another reason that I like this sight and have sent a lot of people here. How about you.

It's not what you buy, it's what you build.

Mountain rider
Motorcycle: 2003 Goldwing 1800

Re: Facebook Goldwing sights

Post by Mountain rider » Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:21 pm

I think I agree, Facebook in my mind is a place to meet, greet, and organize social events. As to the folks focused on being rude, makes no difference where you're at. There are some people that just have to be right, whether they are or not, and have no problem letting everybody know. The fine folks here are definitely among the more polite. If you want to see the darkside, and I'm not talking car tires, travel over to one of the HD sites. Polite is not in everyone's vocabulary, with many leaning more toward direct and insulting. Sites vary, but you'll find the extreme North and South versions no matter where you go.
SFC, U.S. Army Artillery, Retired
Now, fully retired

nwkwinger
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Aspencade

Post by nwkwinger » Wed Mar 13, 2019 7:16 pm

I don't feel that Facebook is a real good place to get good info. If you frequent a page long enough, you will see a few people who give good info/advice. Most people seem to be on there to show others just how "knowledgeable" they are. A lot of others seem to want to be what I call a "behind the screen badass". That means the ones who like to hide behind the screen of their device of choice and try to verbally push others around. From my experience, forums are a much better place to go for advice and information. Facebook is good for people who just want instant answers, maybe not the best ones. There are jerks on forums too, but they are usually limited by the moderators and will get kicked off for trying to cause too much trouble.

brettchallenger
Motorcycle: 1978 Triumph Tiger TR7 (sold)
2000 Honda GL1500 SE
1985 MZ ETZ250 (a cold war special) - sold
2015 Jawa 350 (2-stroke)
2018 Suzuki V-Strom 650

Post by brettchallenger » Thu Mar 14, 2019 5:40 am

Unfortunately, many motorcycle owners' clubs have practically abandoned their own websites and now use Facebook - they now face the same problems outlined in the posts above. Facebook has its uses - but not many.

Never trust a nation whose armed forces goose-step