Gps

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
Ashraf talaat
Motorcycle: golding 2006

Gps

Post by Ashraf talaat »

Does garmin company is responsible for changing the maps in the navigator sys.?

Ashraf

redbug
Motorcycle: 1983 Gl1100I
1986 Harley FLHT

Re: Gps

Post by redbug »

Garmin has updates for maps and you do that yourself at garmin site. Also depends on your unit if updates are avaible. Check with garmin.
" Riding on Tulsa Time "

Viking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Post by Viking »

Actually, that is a good question. I spoke with Garmin reps at a Wing Ding in Tennessee, in 2011, and was told that although Garmin would be the one releasing or at least building updates, they would not do this unless Mother Honda asked for and contracted the updates. Shortly afterwards, an update became available, but did not work well, and was replaced about five months later for everyone who had purchased it, with a copy that worked better. Since then, they have brought out more updates, but the 2006 to 2008 US and 2006 to 2010 rest of the world updates are not being released regularly, and are now probably six years out of date. The 2009 and 2010 US bikes can be brought to within about two years (meaning that the 2018 update, would give you 2016 maps) I notice you are in Egypt, and I have no idea what happens with a motorcycle there. As the previous poster mentioned, you would need to contact Garmin to find out if any updates are available for you at all.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

redbug
1986 Harley FLHT

Post by redbug »

themainviking wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:59 am
Actually, that is a good question. I spoke with Garmin reps at a Wing Ding in Tennessee, in 2011, and was told that although Garmin would be the one releasing or at least building updates, they would not do this unless Mother Honda asked for and contracted the updates. Shortly afterwards, an update became available, but did not work well, and was replaced about five months later for everyone who had purchased it, with a copy that worked better. Since then, they have brought out more updates, but the 2006 to 2008 US and 2006 to 2010 rest of the world updates are not being released regularly, and are now probably six years out of date. The 2009 and 2010 US bikes can be brought to within about two years (meaning that the 2018 update, would give you 2016 maps) I notice you are in Egypt, and I have no idea what happens with a motorcycle there. As the previous poster mentioned, you would need to contact Garmin to find out if any updates are available for you at all.
Glad you stopped by mainviking, being a zumo driver, wasnt even thinking about the nav sys. Went over to garmin to ding around and ashraf, garmin has a Egypt garmin site and support.garmin-egypt. you can get more info at garmin.
" Riding on Tulsa Time "

redbug
1986 Harley FLHT

Post by redbug »

Glad to see you back. did you get in touch with garmin egypt yet. Oh they also have city maps for your area.

" Riding on Tulsa Time "