IT'S HERE!

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
DonnyBrook
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500SE

IT'S HERE!

Post by DonnyBrook »

Picked up my "new" 1995 GL1500 SE about 100 miles from here. My wife and I went in her Rogue to pick it up. I enjoyed the ride home so much that once we got here she picked up her helmet and we put another 100+ on it :D
The Wing is Teal and looks GREAT (up close) and had 11,200 miles on it - a bit over 11,4 now.
On the 2 up trip we only had 2 mishaps :?
1. While cutting across a friends yard (no where else to turn around) I clipped a tree root while going really slow and the bike and I fell over :oops: (wife was not on). I took my helmet off and Jack and I got the bike back up (no damage) and after a bit got back on the road.
That wasn't the bad part!
2. At another friend's the bike wouldn't start - turned over just fine, but no start... I'm thinking "OH NO! I GOT RIPPED!!". Turns out that the starter will still work with the Stop/Run/Stop switch in a Stop position :idea: - Who knew? Problem solved :oops:

Back to mishap 1 === Although I didn't know it until I got home about 2 hours later, when I took my helmet off a hearing aid went with it. At least that was the logical time and place for it to have left. We went back to Jack's and searched and searched - these things are LITTLE. Went back with flashlights after dark and searched again. Nothing - Zip - Nada... Went back this morning and lo and behold! There it was!!

All and all a great adventure for a start.
Next planned ride is to Knoxville and The Great Smoky Mountains :mrgreen: (about 6 hours to Knoxv).

This is GREAT! My wife was done after 20 miles on the Harley, but was still ready to ride after 100 miles on the Wing. I think we'll have this scooter for quite a while. Unfortunately, now I have to sell my Heritage Softail :cry:

newday777
Location: Milford NH summer/fall & Oceanside, CA winters(N San Diego) with lots of miles riden between
Motorcycle: 2008 Cabernet Red. Level 4

1983 GL1100A Wineberry 36,000 miles

1975 CB750 K5 Planet Blue 7,800 miles

1976 CB750 K6 Anterris Red 25,000 miles

Past rides
1999A Restored from PO neglect & sold at 19,000 miles

1999SE Totaled by cager at 105,000 miles

Re: IT'S HERE!

Post by newday777 »

Congrats on your new ride!
Yes the early 1500s were that way on the kill switch starter to spin. In 98 Honda changed that.
Good to hear you found the lost ear piece.
You aren't the first to realize the difference in the wing rideability for you or the passenger. Say bub-by hd.
BTW
Get a shifter brace on there to save your seal and possible tranny dog failures.

Install video

Never miss a video: Subscribe to the GoldwingDocs YouTube channel today!

Buy it here

https://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/gl1500 ... 102/200181

offcenter
Motorcycle: 99 Gl-1500 SE
76 GL-1000
77 Honda Trail 90

Post by offcenter »

...and, unless you KNOW FOR SURE that it was done recently,
CHANGE THE TIMING BELTS!
They are cheap and not that hard to do.
It's an interference engine. If an old one breaks, good bye engine.
George in Jersey.
99 Goldwing GL-1500 SE
76 Goldwing Gl-1000
77 Honda CT-90 "Trail 90"

gipsy42
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 SE
1978 GL1000

Post by gipsy42 »

DonnyBrook wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:27 am

Back to mishap 1 === Although I didn't know it until I got home about 2 hours later, when I took my helmet off a hearing aid went with it. At least that was the logical time and place for it to have left. We went back to Jack's and searched and searched - these things are LITTLE. Went back with flashlights after dark and searched again. Nothing - Zip - Nada... Went back this morning and lo and behold! There it was!!
Congrats on your "new bike", and believe me I know how you felt when discovered your lose; BTDT, they're very small and very expensive, I lost one in same way as you did, on a second time I was luky and found it.

Since at that time I was wearing lenses and kept them with a keeper lace is when then I got this idea; I tied them with a same keeper (silicon string) which goes very closely around the back of my head; when I pull my helmet off some times they follow it, but then stay hanging by my neck, easy to retrieve them.
I hope this may help you and anyone with hearing aids.
Attachments

Mario
aka Gipsy42
And still riding...
I just regrets the things I haven't done.

http://www.surfcam.com.ar
http://www.cre-angeles.org.ar

DonnyBrook

Post by DonnyBrook »

Thanks for the tips guys!
As for the hearing aids - They're Phonak bte aids that I bought used, got the programming software online (free!) and programmed them myself.
I have about $700 in $6000 (new) hearing aids -- I'm frugal (Ok - cheap) and was about sick to loose one...

Next project is cheap interface to the radio/intercom system :ugeek: . They just want way too much $$ for official GoldWing ones - at least too much for an old retired guy.

Alan_Hepburn
Motorcycle: 1994 GL1500SE with a California Sidecar

Post by Alan_Hepburn »

I used to pay Miracle Ear, and/or Costco, many thousands of dollars for hearing aids - then I switched over to the VA for health care and now I get new hearing aids every 3 years for free (thank you, taxpayers!) My current ones are Signia brand from Siemens, with bluetooth interface to my phone.
Alan Hepburn - San Jose, Ca
1994 GL1500SE with a California Sidecar

AZgl1800
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800
2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc

Post by AZgl1800 »

DonnyBrook wrote:
Tue Jun 04, 2019 9:24 pm
Thanks for the tips guys!
As for the hearing aids - They're Phonak bte aids that I bought used, got the programming software online (free!) and programmed them myself.
I have about $700 in $6000 (new) hearing aids -- I'm frugal (Ok - cheap) and was about sick to loose one...
Back before my real problem with my ears was discovered, I was coerced into paying $8,000 for Phonak hearing aids.... they were the gee whiz things at that time, BT to the TV, etc... you know the drill...

the hearing aid business is a scam... I asked for the software to reprogram them, they refused to let me have it. don't wear hearing aids anymore, I have tubes in both ear drums now, that let them equalize..... eustacion tubes are both plugged up, so I developed a lot of infections. Have follow ups every six months now with ENT.
~John

'02 GL1800
2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc

DonnyBrook

Post by DonnyBrook »

AZgl1800 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:43 pm
the hearing aid business is a scam... I asked for the software to reprogram them, they refused to let me have it.
Isn't the Internet wonderful?
There are now sites dedicated to hearing loss and kind folks that will share the programming software with you.
My understanding is that for legal reasons they can't sell it to you, but you can "borrow" a copy.

Speaking of wonderful sites: Can you believe how much information and tech tips are available for GoldWings? And just a click away - WOW! I love it here :D

AZgl1800
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800
2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc

Post by AZgl1800 »

DonnyBrook wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:46 pm
AZgl1800 wrote:
Wed Jun 05, 2019 3:43 pm
the hearing aid business is a scam... I asked for the software to reprogram them, they refused to let me have it.
Isn't the Internet wonderful?
There are now sites dedicated to hearing loss and kind folks that will share the programming software with you.
My understanding is that for legal reasons they can't sell it to you, but you can "borrow" a copy.

Speaking of wonderful sites: Can you believe how much information and tech tips are available for GoldWings? And just a click away - WOW! I love it here :D
Yes, Scott is doing a super terrific job with his "how to" threads loaded with pictures.

the sister site where I am a moderator is www.GoldwingFacts.com
join us if you have time.

~John

'02 GL1800
2009 Piaggio MP3 250cc