very pleased

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
Geofd
Motorcycle: 1986 gl 1200

very pleased

Post by Geofd »

I have a 1986 Goldwing interstate haven't really taken it on more than a 100-150 mile ride.
a group of us went on a 385 mile run in one day part of it included riding up mt Washington
another part was crazy winding roads....gotta say its not a sport touring bike by the end of the ride I was more tired
than the bike....I was so happy with the bikes performance!!!!!!!!!

thunderwing
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100A Aspencade

Re: very pleased

Post by thunderwing »

Glad to hear you are starting to stretch your legs with distance. Nice to hear you are bonding with your machine and friends. It's a wonderful way to decompress from the daily grind.
As you spend more time in the saddle, you will see that as your bond and confidence grows with both distance and twisty roads you will develop a higher skill level.
It's key to speak about these things with more senior riders that you ride with to key into the learning and honing your skills.

Suggestion:

Google earth street view the roads to get a heads up on your longer trips, look at weather 24hrs out with an hourly outlook for the area that your riding. Ride in the rain, sun, cold, and feel it all and keep on building skills.

This forum is goldmine for all things wing....Congratulations on expanding your horizons on distance.

Group riding and/or solo riding has different nuances of skill and awareness. Hone each to perfection and enjoy the process!

Do share your next adventure!!!

Best,

Scott
Scott & Laura
Ride, Ride, Ride!
1983 Aspencade Wineberry/Current Ride
1989 Gl1500 Wineberry sold
1987 Yamaha Radian sold
1983 Gl1100 interstate sold
1983 GL650 Silverwing sold
Trucker/ Videographer
[vimeo]https://vimeo.com/115373397