What Do Other People in My Situation Do?

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
  • Sponsored Links
RockAuto
Motorcycle: N/A

What Do Other People in My Situation Do?

Post by RockAuto » Wed Sep 18, 2019 9:10 am

Gaining insights from a relative handful of anonymous product reviews requires patience and skill at reading between the lines. Anonymous reviews of replacement auto parts are even sketchier. There are just too many parts and too many vehicle models to ever hope to get a meaningful number of useful reviews for any one part. RockAuto may have ten alternators with a choice of three amperage outputs that fit just one truck. Reviews of broad part types (alternators, thermostats...) and brands (ACDelco, Stant...) without any specific make, year, model, engine connections are likely to be nothing but vague opinions and biases.

RockAuto's heart icons (

) turn the extreme specificity of replacement auto parts into an advantage! A heart icon next to a part means it was ordered most frequently and returned least frequently for a specific vehicle. This is actual data from ALL customers facing similar repairs on the same vehicle. That is what makes heart icons great. They are based on data that automatically reflects the myriad things ALL customers purchasing that part for that vehicle have taken into account.

redbug
Motorcycle: 1983 Gl1100I
1986 Harley FLHT

Re: What Do Other People in My Situation Do?

Post by redbug » Wed Sep 18, 2019 10:54 am

The rock auto commercials.....What is the name of the band? Thank you.
" Riding on Tulsa Time "

minimac
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade
2006 Burgman Executive
2007 Yamaha Majesty
2006 Yamaha Morphous

Post by minimac » Wed Sep 18, 2019 2:28 pm

I have been a customer for many years and Rock Auto has always provided fast shipping and good prices, along with great customer service. That being said, the commercials suck!!! BUT, if it will help this website, which IMHO is the best on the web, continue to keep a presence here.

tamathumper
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800A

Post by tamathumper » Wed Sep 18, 2019 7:34 pm

The band isn't nearly as bad as the computer animator... Jus' sayin'.

I've ordered parts from them before and been happy.

'03 GL1800A | Porsche 968 | Ford F-150 | Skidoo GSX (2) | Seadoo GTI (2) | Suzuki ATV (2)
A.A.O.N.M.S. | NRA Endowment | Gun Owners of America | Oath Keepers