Planning last ride. suggestions requested.

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500A
2004 NRX1800 Rune SOLD

Planning last ride. suggestions requested.

Post by dingdong »

Oh my! I think my wife Karen and I are at the point that we have to put the bike out to pasture.....However we are going to do one last extended ride. We have been three directions across the USA. All except the Northeast. We are are going to plan an extended trip all the way from OKlahoma to as far as we can ride into the further most point in Maine.
What I request from you guys is points of interest between here and there and routes that are scenic and of interest. We won't be in a hurry We will probable take at least a month for the trip. Like I said, Oh my.

offcenter
Motorcycle: 99 Gl-1500 SE
76 GL-1000
77 Honda Trail 90

Re: Planning last ride. suggestions requested.

Post by offcenter »

If you are planning to do that trip now, at this time of year, I'd say that you are already a bit too late.
It is going to be cold up in Maine, and some of my favorite points of interest, like Mount Washington in New Hampshire, or Whiteface Mountain in New York will already have snow on top by the time you get there.
Is this a "now" trip, or a "in the spring" trip?
George in Jersey.
99 Goldwing GL-1500 SE
76 Goldwing Gl-1000
77 Honda CT-90 "Trail 90"

Overdog
Motorcycle: 83 Goldwing Interstate

Post by Overdog »

Crossing Pennsylvania take Route 6 in northern Pa.

Solina Dave
Motorcycle: 1978 Honda Goldwing GL1000 (bought in fall of '77)
!977 Honda CB550F (my 1st motorcycle)

Post by Solina Dave »

Anything in and around the White Mountain National Forest in New Hampshire. Hwy. 112 from Bath,NH. S/E to Conway,NH. is one of the best cruising highways I ever rode. Also the scenic train rides out of Conway are excellent, through a lot of mountain, and forest, scenic areas that you can enjoy at a very casual pace. It's a nice break from all the riding. There's several different tours available, some with meals on board. Also the Cog Railway up Mt. Washington is very unique, and interesting. The starting terminal is just east of Fabyan, NH on Hwy. 302. You can ride your bike up Mt. Washington, but it's a very intense ride, up and down. It's quite steep, hard on the clutch going up, and the ride down is hard on the brakes. Mt. Washington is the highest mountain east of the Mississippi River.
I hope you have a great trip. All the best for you and Karen, and take your time..............................Dave :D
"Assume Nothing"

minimac
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500 Aspencade
2006 Yamaha Morphous
2011 Silverwing
Y̶a̶m̶a̶h̶a̶ ̶M̶a̶j̶e̶s̶t̶y̶
S̶u̶z̶u̶k̶i̶ ̶B̶u̶r̶g̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶E̶x̶e̶cutive

Post by minimac »

From Niagara Falls, follow RT 104 and the Seaway Trail across northern New York, into Vermont.This ride is nice in the summer, but spectacular in the fall.

kwthom
Motorcycle: 2016 GL1800

Post by kwthom »

dingdong wrote:
Sat Oct 12, 2019 10:50 pm
<...>What I request from you guys is points of interest between here and there and routes that are scenic and of interest. We won't be in a hurry We will probable take at least a month for the trip. Like I said, Oh my.
You're going to be overwhelmed with responses, I think. What do you and your wife want to see? Scenery? Sports? Historic people|places|things? Arts? People (family/friends)?

It might really be useful for a few minutes of your time to read this article I wrote:

https://kwthom.blogspot.com/p/tour-of-l ... nning.html

You have a finite amount of time, thus, a finite number of things on your list. On a 'last ride', you might consider evaluating this process.

Luck to you in your planning!

• "If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so nobody can!" ● Wait...I no longer have to fix it - I'm retired! :lol: ● Ken (IBA#50030) ● "Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994 ● My blog