MP3 player to replace cd changer

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
carygoldwing2
Motorcycle: 2002 gl1800, 1980 gl1100, 1980 gl1100

MP3 player to replace cd changer

Post by carygoldwing2 »

Has anyone tried the MP3 players on eBay. Wing stuff sells a JL brand for twice twice the price and u would want to purchase the populating software for more yet. Both can be activated thru cd controls on handle bar

Viking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Re: MP3 player to replace cd changer

Post by Viking »

I have the J&M branded one that replaces the CD player in the trunk. It has worked, although certainly not flawlessly, for about nine years now. If I hit some washboard, it will quit, and I have to stop, turn the bike off, reset the player and eject and reload the SD card. This has occasionally also happened for no reason at all. However, it seems to be the best option out there, aside from those who are using IPODs and Android players in the front pocket of the bike. The problem with these is that there is no ability to control the song list from the handlebar controls. The J&M has that, as, I understand, do the el cheapo ebay alternatives. Some who have bought these ones have reported good luck and others have reported abject failure. It seems to have something to do with the way you hold your mouth as you buy it. So, ya pays yer money and ya takes yer chances with the ebay ones. They are inexpensive enough that if you need to buy two or three to get one that works, you will still come in under the cost of a J&M.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

2003Cobra
Motorcycle: 2003 Goldwing GL1800 with a CSC Cobra trike kit.
1988 Harley Davidson Sportster
1985 Honda Saber VF1100 (Non-runner)

Post by 2003Cobra »

I've also got the J&M CD replacement and have not had any issues. You can insert a thumb drive or connect a BT device.
2003 Goldwing GL1800 with CSC Cobra trike kit.
1988 Harley Davidson Sportster 883 with Hypercharger Bobber.
West GA Chapter 89 Southern Cruisers riding club.

agedbikeman
Motorcycle: 1995 GL1500 Aspencade with Insta trike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT

Post by agedbikeman »

Read my posts on mp3 player, radio mod, works flawlessly cost less than 50 bucks, and incorporates satnav sound

Agedbikeman