Hi everyone

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
billball
Motorcycle: 1983 Honda Goldwing GL1100

Hi everyone

Post by billball »

Hi all , my name is Bill Ball and I just purchased my first Goldwing GL1100 and I haven't been on a bike since 1999
My friends are all getting bikes so I purchased this 1983 Goldwing that looks like new and runs like new but has some weathering on
the hand grips and the stereo doesn't work. I'm looking for any help on changing the factory am/fm/ communication system to a am/fm/cd player.
Any help would be great.
thanks

Viking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Re: Hi everyone

Post by Viking »

Hello Bill Ball, and welcome to GoldwingDocs. Someone expert in the bike you have asked about will be around to help you in time, but as this is a textual forum, patience is a virtue. I noticed you posted the same message three times in the same forum section. This is not required, and will not speed up responses. Please only post once per topic.
It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey

newday777
Location: Milford NH summer/fall & Oceanside, CA winters(N San Diego) with lots of miles riden between
Motorcycle: 2008 Cabernet Red. Level 4

1983 GL1100A Wineberry 36,000 miles

1975 CB750 K5 Planet Blue 7,800 miles

1976 CB750 K6 Anterris Red 25,000 miles

Past rides
1999A Restored from PO neglect & sold at 19,000 miles

1999SE Totaled by cager at 105,000 miles

Post by newday777 »

billball wrote:
Mon May 04, 2020 12:31 am
Hi all , my name is Bill Ball and I just purchased my first Goldwing GL1100 and I haven't been on a bike since 1999
My friends are all getting bikes so I purchased this 1983 Goldwing that looks like new and runs like new but has some weathering on
the hand grips and the stereo doesn't work. I'm looking for any help on changing the factory am/fm/ communication system to a am/fm/cd player.
Any help would be great.
thanks
Howdy Bill
What model GL1100 did you get? Aspencade, Interstate or the naked with added fairing(and what fairing, Hondaline or Vetter)
Picture of your bike would help.

Here is my 83 Aspencade just after I rescued and revived it from a long sleep in 2009. It has the Hondaline fairing so you can reference yours.
Attachments

Pam
Motorcycle: 1982 Kawazaki KZ 1100 1983 Yamaha Venture Royal (sold and miss it) 2006 Goldwing GL1800 1992 Yamaha Virago

Post by Pam »

Greeting Bill. Welcome to the site. Lots of good folks with lots of knlwledge

jcn59
Motorcycle: 1986 1200A Aspencade

Post by jcn59 »

Hi Bill,
There are some bright guys here. You probably have already discovered that on your own. I have a '86 Aspencade that seems to run well. It's not especially pristine. but I can live with that. One of the amazing things about my bike is that you can come to a complete stop, and then the bike may decide to fall over all on it's own. Once it decides to go, you can't do much about it. If you try to intervene, you will probably injure yourself. Best to let it go over. Be sure to see the video on the right way to pick it up. But now for the amazing part. My bike can "fall over" but not injure itself. No broken plastic, etc. but maybe a mirror once in a while. I dropped it the first time I rode it. And once or twice since. The GW is a fine MC. Some of the guys drive them hundreds of thousands miles. They are the maintenance experts and they are available HERE!

billball
Motorcycle: 1983 Honda Goldwing GL1100

Post by billball »

Thanks everyone for all the info.
I don't know the model and I didn't know there was so many, here are a few pics if anyone can help out.
It is a full load bike with all the saddle bags although I take the side ones off when in the city.
Sorry some pictures show I got in the rain, my bike is normally in the garage.
The only thing it says is Honda GL 1100
Attachments