goldwingworld.com

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
dpb
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500SE

goldwingworld.com

Post by dpb »

Hi all, I really appreciate this site and all the really great info. I have a question which I hope is OK to ask here. Please note, I also posted this question at the bottom of my newbie post but figure it is probably more appropriate to be in its own thread. WingAdmin, please delete if this is inappropriate. My question is regarding another Goldwing website that I found referenced from this site while looking for a service manual for my 96 GL1500 (I do already have a manual for a 97 which is good but you can't have too much info). The website goldwingworld.com requires a donation in order to get manuals, which I did donate to, but I have not had a response from the guy Teus who runs it. Has anyone else had this issue? Also, the link to forums on the website is broken. Is he OK/well/still running the site - has anyone heard? Perhaps people should be aware they may not get a response if they donate to the site. Is it possible to edit the posts here on this site to advise people?

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (sold)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (wife's!)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: goldwingworld.com

Post by WingAdmin »

dpb wrote:
Tue Jun 16, 2020 8:24 pm
Hi all, I really appreciate this site and all the really great info. I have a question which I hope is OK to ask here. Please note, I also posted this question at the bottom of my newbie post but figure it is probably more appropriate to be in its own thread. WingAdmin, please delete if this is inappropriate. My question is regarding another Goldwing website that I found referenced from this site while looking for a service manual for my 96 GL1500 (I do already have a manual for a 97 which is good but you can't have too much info). The website goldwingworld.com requires a donation in order to get manuals, which I did donate to, but I have not had a response from the guy Teus who runs it. Has anyone else had this issue? Also, the link to forums on the website is broken. Is he OK/well/still running the site - has anyone heard? Perhaps people should be aware they may not get a response if they donate to the site. Is it possible to edit the posts here on this site to advise people?
So you're saying he is running a site where he provides illegal downloads of copyrighted manuals, and requires a donation in order to access those manuals, and after you "donated" your money, you got nothing in return?

He already mentioned on his site that his hosting had been taken down at least once before.

I suspect you get what you pay for.

dpb
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500SE

Re: goldwingworld.com

Post by dpb »

That's a fair point.
Cheers