Fantasy Bike Week

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
mberk01
Motorcycle: 1996 GL1500SE
2019 Harley CVO Ultra Limited

Fantasy Bike Week

Post by mberk01 »

OK, I just made that up. Why? Because were now in the umpteenth week of COVID restrictions and I can't safely go on a multi-day bike trip. So I'll just make do with day trips and during down-time I'll fantasize about motorcycles I would like to own. Tell us your fantasy bike. Here's the rules: 1) You can own any production (available to the general public) bike from the past (past = prior to today). 2) Someone (not me) will give you the bike free of charge. 3) This is in addition to what you ride now. 4) It can be a bike you owned in the past.

My fantasy bike would be a Vincent Black Lightning. In my mind, this is the holy grail of motorcycles. First built in 1948 by Vincent works in Hertfordshire, UK. The engine was a 70 HP, 998 cc, pushrod, overhead valve, air-cooled, V-twin. At the time the Vincent Black Lightning was the fastest production bike in the world.

On the 13 of September, 1948, Rollie Free set the land speed record of 150.313 mph on a Vincent Black Lightning. See picture below:

Richard Thompson wrote a song about the Vincent Black Lightning.

There are 19 Vincent Black Lightnings believed to be surviving. The last one sold at auction in 2018 for $929,000.

Sadanorakman
Motorcycle: 1991 GL1500 SE

Re: Fantasy Bike Week

Post by Sadanorakman »

I've fancied owning a squariel for many years (Ariel square four). Anyone have one they wish to donate to a good home?
Every day's a school day....What have you learned today?

dingdong
Motorcycle: 1976 gl1000
1993 gl1500A
2004 NRX1800 Rune SOLD

Post by dingdong »

There is a 1953 at a museum in the Texas hill country. I was allowed to sit on it while there. Not sure at all but there have to be more than suggested. Listen up.

Never miss a video: Subscribe to the GoldwingDocs YouTube channel today!

tamathumper
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800A

Post by tamathumper »

Good thing Rollie was wearing his safety Speedo on that 150+ mph run.

'03 GL1800A - Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Sense of humor not found on line 2