custom 1500 into f6b

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
pontdog
Motorcycle: 1996 gl1500 aspencade also a kawasaki 1600 nomad

custom 1500 into f6b

Post by pontdog »

hi everyone and happy new year i am almost done mocking up my own take on building a honda f6b and because i am doing it on the cheap it started this fall buying a stock 1500 i got a grat deal, and because there are so many at a great price it is cheaper than buying one,so i am doing everything myself that is a ton of money saved.i found the supertrapp exhaust on market place ,mine had holes,this is my trunk delete and the seat is cut down and will be recovered.yesterday i cut down the windsheild it still needs to be buffed,i already installed a new tire and brakes,changed rear end oil and the other repairs will be belts, fork seals and oil and steering head bearings and i have many other ideas and plans to carry out before spring because i am planning americade this year.i have never been there and travelling from NB Canada is about 700 miles 1 way.i hope these pictures turn out because the last time i posted they were upside down and sideways
Attachments

Andy Cote
Motorcycle: 2015 Goldwing, basic black

Re: custom 1500 into f6b

Post by Andy Cote »

Nice looking work.

There have been several folks lately looking at how to do a trunk delete or low profile European trunk. When you jave a minute or two, a separate How-To article with details might be nice to have for reference.

Save the windshield cut-off. Maybe, when time permits, try to create a Mad-Stad style two piece.
2015 Goldwing, basic black

Previously: GL1200 standard, GL1200 Interstate, GL1500 Goldwing, GL1500 Valkyrie Standard, 2000 Valkyrie Interstate, many other Hondas
pontdog
Motorcycle: 1996 gl1500 aspencade also a kawasaki 1600 nomad

Re: custom 1500 into f6b

Post by pontdog »

thanks Andy for the kind words i am still in the process of figuring out some more details but i can post some more pictures later,when i started there was plan A and plan B if that doesn't work there is 24 other letters in the alphabet and i think i am plan L
i will post more pics when i am a little further along