Distinguished Attire

Anything goes - doesn't fit any other category!
DJnRF
Motorcycle: 1981 GL1100i Interstate
And, many others since I started riding. Started on a Harley in 1956.

Re: Distinguished Attire

Post by DJnRF »

WingAdmin wrote:Hi Dave,

I agree, the size of the airbags that come out of that jacket in the video are nowhere near large enough. I had a search for another jacket I had seen a while ago, but didn't find it - it had much larger airbags, and included airbags that came up and supported the head and neck, much like the HANS device you mentioned - something that it seems only dirt bike riders wear.

I also agree with the "launching" of the rider off a bike in a frontal collision - I was launched up and over the hood of a pickup truck that turned in front of me many years ago, flipped in the air and landed on my feet quite a ways down the road. Of course, I was still moving fairly quickly and was slammed right to the ground, where the face shield and chin bar of my helmet took a beating but kept my face intact.

All in all, some excellent observations and comments.
Thanks, WingAdmin.
It is very difficult for me to remember to make better explanations of some of
my wording on things. There is just so much in my mind from my knowledge,
training, and experience I tend to forget that others might not be able to
read between the lines of my meaning.

Where I used to be the typical writer of reports of the days of, "Saw enemy
ship - Sank same." to the point of more detailed writings, I always miss in
writing with the clarity that may be important to some readers. Being
proper with grammar, punctuation, spelling, etc, doesn't cover the part of
details that might be necessary for proper technical writing.

Oh, well! What can I say? I am just old. lol

I do thank my style of thought process that has allowed me to have
avoided crashes these past fifty-eight years of riding motorcycles.
Of course, I do not count my stupid mistakes of dropping my
machine by not putting the kickstand down after a tiring ride,
or stopping in a place where my foot for support of the machine
just won't reach the ground enough to hold the machine up before
that point of no return of it falling. I never had that problem with
my previous smaller machines.

Take care,
Dave.

"Survival is one's own ability to cope with and overcome any adverse or threatening situation, condition, casualty or event." ©Dj 1969

DJnRF

Post by DJnRF »

Mh434, back when I was in business with uniforms, and equipment for police,
fire, etc, I had bid on helmets several times. Where many were police, some
were not, and were used for more than just motorcycles. When I had to deal
with helmets I studied their construction by various manufacturers. At that
time there were only two that actually made some very excellent helmets,
and would also make to specs provided them. I used those two. One was
Bell.

Of the bids I did enter I always won the bids as my prices for top line
helmets was the lowest for any specs, and top line helmets. For an
example, the selling price of one helmet was $340. This was the listed
price from the manufacturer for single purchase by anyone. My dealer
discount was 50%, which made that price $170. As I was bidding on
a number of more than a dozen each time, I got an added discount.
The end result was that I bid on them for $110 each, and made my
33.3% margin of profit.

Today, a $1500 helmet should actually sell for much, much less money
as most dealers for motorcycle helmets always place orders for more
than a dozen helmets to get the best discounts. That is especially the
case for dealers that have a turnover of inventory of at least four
times during a year. If a dealer is selling to equal a turnover of six
times, or better yet with 12 times (one gross) per year they can get
a discount of 70 to 80%. That could bring the price down to as low
as $400 to still give the dealer a livable margin of profit.

The problem today is that top corporate executives have gotten
very greedy, but do not give the employees raises of equal
percentages, which would cut into the executive increases.
Whatever happened to the concept of a living wage for all?

Without control over corporate prices of all products, this
trend will continue to increase greatly. Without such control,
when will that bubble burst?

Dave.
"Survival is one's own ability to cope with and overcome any adverse or threatening situation, condition, casualty or event." ©Dj 1969

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Post by bustedwing »

I use a First Gear jacket and pants. The nice thing about the jacket is it's water proof so you don't need rain gear, it's vented with just a few zippers, and has a liner for cold weather riding. The pants have zippers down both legs up to the beltline, easy access pockets so you can get to your wallet easy. Both items are machine washable, and all pockets have velcro lock down tabs. I also wear heavy riding boots and, depending on the weather, some sort of gloves ranging from leather palm ventilated no gauntlet gloves to fully insulated large gauntlet, leather palm gloves. I have several different pairs that Ikeep just in case. I guess I wear most of my safety equipment 99 % of the time, which is more than I see other riders in this area. And yes I was involved in a accident and was very grateful for my safety equipment.
Proud member Patriot Guard

Uncle Fester
Motorcycle: 1996 GL-1500 Cali model 'Wing, blue in color, named Ol'Blue

Post by Uncle Fester »

It looks like I am some what of a Black Sheep here with my riding gear, but. . . . here goes:

ALWAYS long pants, and boots. Some kind of T-Shirt (short sleeve or tank top), leather gloves most days, on cooler days (below 70*) I add my Cortech denim jacket with all the armor, below 55* I add a hoody too.

I do not wear a helmet unless in a helmet law state. Before the helmet vs no helmet stuff starts, I am a retired EMT, and have seen wrecks that went both ways, and was in a 75 mph get off into a lava bed my self, so I am making a informed decision, and refuse to get in a helmet argument with anyone, beyond saying, if you are comfortable wearing one, PUT IT ON, if you are not comfortable wearing one, I do not feel the government has the right to force one on you. If you are not 100% comfortable, you will not ride 100%. . . .
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore,
Dream,
Discover!

Mark Twain

k1w1t1m
Motorcycle: 1980 GL1100 Interstate. 105,000miles and still going strong.(sold)
2001 BMW R1150 GS (possibly for sale soon)
1997 Gl1500 SE in pearl sapphire black.

Post by k1w1t1m »

Sometimes I wear just crocs, shorts and a t-shirt when I'm only going a mile or two to the store. A bit further than that add jeans and BMW All Round waterproof boots and a Tour Master mesh jacket along with a Shark Evoline II helmet. Longer rides add Tour Master armoured pants. I also have a Tour Master jacket (not mesh) that's well broken in, and if it's cold a BMW heated vest. I ALWAYS wear gloves, vented in the summer and insulated gauntlets in the winter.

Sometimes if I'm going to a meeting I'll wear my leather jacket but I sweat in it in all but the coldest weather. I did have chaps to go with it but gave them away. I also have a leather vest with my CMA colors which I wear occasionally.

Philcott
Motorcycle: 1987 GL1200A Aspencade
1999 GL1500

Post by Philcott »

I have a table (just in my head, but it's been beat in by experience) that says, "When it's this temp., you need to wear this."

Basically, every 10 degree drop in temperature, I add another item. So I wear my mesh jacket all the time, but when it gets below 70, I add a layer inside (a fleece hoodie), and when it gets below 60, I add a windbreaker. Below 50, I switch the windbreaker for a warmer jacket (actually my rain gear jacket, which is Blaze Orange with reflective stripes), and below 40, I add my the pants for my rain gear. Below 30, I switch to a parka and insulated bib overalls (standard airline issue, with reflective striping all over for working on the tarmack). That outfit has kept me warm down below 0 degrees (f), but I also have a down-filled vest, just in case.

Mh434
Motorcycle: 1997 gl1500 SE
Previous:
1981 GL1100I
1989 Kawasaki Concours

Post by Mh434 »

For those chilly, wet days (all too common in this part of the world), I found (by bitter experience, and a bout with serious hypothermia) that wearing a reasonably warm sweatshirt or other, with a cheap dollar-store hooded rain jacket over it and under my riding jacket, will actually keep you warm. What happens is, no matter if your riding jacket gets soaked through, the wet stops at the rain jacket & the sweatshirt keeps a layer of warmth against you. I keep the hood UP on the rain jacket, under my helmet - it's amazing how much of a difference not having cold air and rain going down your neck makes!

DJnRF

Post by DJnRF »

Early in my 58 years of riding I found that by wearing a good rain jacket,
and sometimes even the pants, all of the wind would be blocked. If you
completely block the wind you have reduced the wind chill on your body by
almost 80%. In that way you keep quite warm, even if you do not have
good enough heavy clothing beneath it for the temperature.

Personally, I have always worn my rain jacket during all winter riding.
At times when the temperature was just close to freezing all I needed
beneath the rain jacket was my military pullover sweater, and a good
long sleeve shirt. And, believe me, the cold bothers me so much that
my wife says that the only time I can be caught outdoors in the winter
with only lightweight clothing is when I am 'blitzed'.
I guess that proves that old saying of; "Where there is no sense,
there is no feeling."

Dave.

redial
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500 Spectre Red Aspencade

Post by redial »

When I lived in a cooler part of the country, in summer I would wear a pair of lamb's wool lined mittens (ie no fingers only a thumb, and the fingers enclosed in a one piece), and these were gauntlets. In winter, and despite some of my propaganda, the temperatures would get down to -8C (about 14F) in the morning, and I had a naked Suzuki GT550, three cylinder, two stroke, that I would ride to work each day, unless it was raining. I still dont like the idea of sitting in wet clothes all day!

When it was cold, I would reinforce the gauntlets with a set of woollen 'fingered' gloves that I put on first, and then the gauntlets. I could still operate the controls and switches, and my hands, while not exactly "toasty", would still be able to function when I got to work. I also used some newspapers to block out the cold and wet for my chest, if I got caught at work without proper gear - (hot weather turned to rain in the afternoon). The woollen gloves were 'el cheapos', and after a season of cool, were usually destined for the recycling bin.

The bike was very well dressed as well, it had a very large, (200mm - about 8 inch), diameter red reflector attached to the mud flap, so any fast bikes would pass, but always give a wave. Anyone coming behind, could clearly see the rear, and my bright yellow top jacket (summer and winter), with my egg-yolk coloured helmet, I think that I was visible, at least.

Apart from riding to work in the rain, the only times I really didnt like riding to work was when there was fog and the temperatures were in the minus C area. The fog would collect on the visor, my breath moisture would freeze on the inside of the visor, and you would have to stop to clear the murkiness. It was really bad news if you sneezed :roll: . But being a fairly senior government official, I couldnt be anything other than an example of sartorial splendour when I arrived at work, even though I rode a motorcycle to work.
Len in Kapunda

The world is not going to finish today, as it is already tomorrow in Australia and New Zealand, and other islands of foreign nations such as Guam and Samoa.

seelyark1
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1998 GL1500 SE Totaled
1984 VT500C
1967 CB550-4

Post by seelyark1 »

I just bought a new HJC CL17 redline helmet that is DOT and Snell approved and it's cost was about $135. It was a replacement for a CL 13 that was destroyed in my latest accident. It is a very comfortable and affordable helmet. It is a full face helmet. Got it through Motorcycle superstore on line.
This was a reply to a post above that someone :D forgot to push the quote button :evil: :roll:
Ride safe, and smart. Asphalt is like #1 grit sandpaper. Dave

Evilrick
Motorcycle: 1997 GL1500SE on a California Sidecar trike kit
1984 GL1200A Aspencade
1977 750K (hot rod), still miss it sometimes.
650 Trump. 450 CB, 400 Suzi dirt & street, 2 or 3 360 Enduro Yamaha's, 400 TM Yamaha (dirt only), 350 Kaw, 125 Enduro Yamaha, even had an 106 Allstate when I was real young, Sears sold them about 50 yrs ago. Do I really need to list the rest?

Post by Evilrick »

I'm an old school kinda guy. When I started riding (in school) I got the standard leather motorcycle jackets and have worn out a few. When I got my new Oldwing I had to get the leather jacket just like the one I used to have (ya, I know some people call them Harley jackets). The new one does have a zip out liner so It's much warmer in the cold than my old one. I wear a jean jacket cutoff on the outside like I always have, though I had to make a new one because the old one fell apart. My patches are mostly POW/MIA stuff now with a few joke ones. Still have my old Honda pin and got a new Goldwing pin to add to it. Jeans for the legs. I've never had chaps but thought about it when it's real cold, never had much of a problem with my legs getting cold, even on a naked bike, usually just fingers and toes. Wear fingerless gloves in summer and the warmest I can find in the winter, a new pair of Olympia water proof gloves this year that seem pretty good so far, down to below 40. Always leather engineer boots, cant stand tennis on the bike. I think that comes from dirt ridding, tennis wear out fast sliding around corners, even on dirt, so I know they wouldn't stay together on a street drop. Have 2 full face helmets that are over 20 yrs old and have never hit the ground, but I bought a new Gmax 54s modular helmet this year, I like that it has the front that can come up as well as the visor. It also has a sunscreen inside the visor that drops down inside eliminating the need to wear sunglasses in the helmet. Just one thing less to forget.
No matter where you go, there you are. It's not the destination that matters. Getting there safe does.

Big Blue UK
Motorcycle: GL1800 Monarch

Post by Big Blue UK »

Long gone are my pre Goldwing days of two piece leathers, white sea boot socks rolled over the top of my boots, white silk scarf, hair as long as any of my sisters, denim cut off adorned with as many pin badges as I could afford that was incomplete without Motorhead logo across my back. I remember ironing it on and getting my mum to hand sew around the edges
I have several GoldWing logo embroidered polo shirts, and plain thin cotton jogging type pants I always tend to wear. Over these ALL the time I wear ballistic nylon full length tour jacket with armour pads, same type of over trousers both with the lining removed. No fancy branded duds, just good quality and comfortable.
I have a thermal neck tube I wear when it is fasten up the collar time.
I always wear a zip up reflective vest over the tour jacket, it has embroidered club breast logo, and a embroidered Goldwing logo across the back.
I have 4 lightweight jackets covered with Goldwing embroidered logos, as soon as I get to where I am going or stop for a cuppa, off comes the ballistic tour gear, and on with the lightweight jacket. I also have a GoldWing embroidered fleece.
I wear full size waterproof boots ALL the time, I wax them each time I take them off.
I have a pair of gloves I wear in the rain, and two other pairs with the lining and waterproof membraine cut out, I wear all other times.
I have a pair of DDuchinni D409" full face helmets with J&M corded headsets, for me the integral drop down visor is essential for full face,they are comfortable, and stable at all speeds with visor open at various degrees.
I have a pair of Shoei "RJ platinum R" open face helmets with peaks, and J&M corded headsets, I wear them for Light Parades etc, when it is sunny, never on the motorway, always with protective glasses/sunglasses.
I have fancied a leather waistcoat for sometime, but they seem to look ok with jeans which I have not worn for longer than I care to remember.

Uncle Bob (named by my daughter) wears 99p non safety sunglasses and the cheapest white helmet I could find.

If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Mh434
Motorcycle: 1997 gl1500 SE
Previous:
1981 GL1100I
1989 Kawasaki Concours

Post by Mh434 »

Uncle Bob looks a tad undernourished...or he's been stuck on the inside lane of a large roundabout & couldn't get out!

bustedwing
Motorcycle: 1990 Gold wing Trike

Post by bustedwing »

Haha, been there n done that!
Proud member Patriot Guard

seelyark1
1998 GL1500 SE Totaled
1984 VT500C
1967 CB550-4

Post by seelyark1 »

I think that this is how he or she looked after sliding to a stop when he or she,was wearing a tee shirt, shorts, and flip flops. Just imagine :roll:
Ride safe, and smart. Asphalt is like #1 grit sandpaper. Dave

Oldbear
Motorcycle: 1980 Cimatti XL Moped (Reclaimed by nature)
1982 Suzuki GS1100GK (Sold)
1985 Suzuki GS550E (consumed by gremlins)
1983 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
2006 Suzuki C50T

Post by Oldbear »

seabeechief wrote:
robb wrote:
brettchallenger wrote:I don't think half helmets are very safe -
Half helmet is safer than none and they carry the same DOT rating. Way too much heat inside a full helmet. Next thing we know it will be a requirement to wear underwear to ride. Last summer the wife made me start riding with no backrest, left a cobra head white spot on my back.

What? We have to wear underwear?

Chief
Shoot, I have special underwear for long trips. Pedal bikers have goodies to care of the "boys" (or girls - equal opportunity here). Terry-cloth and such will keep chaffing to a minimum.
My wife is the greatest - she won't let me sell my bike - I'm less grumpy when I ride...

gildco
Motorcycle: 2008 GL1800 Air

Post by gildco »

My summer jacket is a Teknic, which has very good ventilation. I also have the Olympia all-season jacket and pants; I use the jacket and pants with the liners for cold-weather riding, and the pants without the liner for the summer riding.

My boots are Tour Master Solution. What makes them so good is the price, their lightness, and all-purpose use, such as hiking. They are the most comfortable boots that I have ever owned.

My helmet is a full-face Scorpion that has served me well for many years--comfortable, easy to put on and take off, and just the right weight.

spanishstroll
Motorcycle: 1997 1500 Aspencade

Post by spanishstroll »

robb wrote:I feel totally out of place now. My normal wear from 60 degree is shorts, tanktop sneakers, along with a half helmet. From 30-60 degree I wear a First Gear riding suit and it gets so hot only shorts and a T-shirt are worn under. Maybe it has something to do with that tall shield and my short stature, but I'm very well shielded.
Here in California the weather dictates our attire. I always wear jeans and a full helmet. If it's warm I wear a t shirt and if it's cooler I'll put a light jacket on over it. My husband is the same, except he will wear shorts when it's warm. We both wear sneakers year round. The windshield does make a big difference!!

WingAdmin
Site Admin
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (sold)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (wife's!)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Post by WingAdmin »

spanishstroll wrote:
robb wrote:I feel totally out of place now. My normal wear from 60 degree is shorts, tanktop sneakers, along with a half helmet. From 30-60 degree I wear a First Gear riding suit and it gets so hot only shorts and a T-shirt are worn under. Maybe it has something to do with that tall shield and my short stature, but I'm very well shielded.
Here in California the weather dictates our attire. I always wear jeans and a full helmet. If it's warm I wear a t shirt and if it's cooler I'll put a light jacket on over it. My husband is the same, except he will wear shorts when it's warm. We both wear sneakers year round. The windshield does make a big difference!!
I thought selling the concept of wearing proper motorcycle gear to my wife was going to be a difficult task...but after she saw the state of her brother in the hospital after he came off his bike wearing only a T-shirt and jeans, I didn't have to. I'd post pictures, but they're a bit grisly.

spanishstroll
Motorcycle: 1997 1500 Aspencade

Post by spanishstroll »

That's food for thought!

Blackngold
Motorcycle: 1998 GL1500 SE

Post by Blackngold »

Back in the day (1972) I had no fear! Gonna live forever-- remember? T-shirts? Hell muscle shirts! Girl friends w/ hot pants and easy access tube tops. lots of trips to the woods--oops getting off subject, my mind wanders now days. Then bout 1975 pushed then current bike beyond its leaning abilities and went down on asphalt in jeans. pealed the skin off my left knee down to the knee cap. Would have peeled head skin had I not been wearing a helmet, deep scratches in it. Recovered in timely fashion, young bodies healed fast. Well this body ain't so young anymore and just getting out of bed in the morning takes time to get those old abused joints and muscles working. I now wear temp appropriate protective garb, Gets real warm in S. AL. and there are 10 times more people trying to share the same narrow piece of road as 50 years ago. I would still enjoy a trip to the woods now and then even if it ment wearing shorts and T-shirt but don't think my GW could handle all the tree branches and creek crossings. Just have to settle for a nice safe return home w/all skin and bones intact. Favorite saying--- enjoy it while you can--none of us are getting out of this alive.

DarthJ
Motorcycle: 1993 GL1500A Aspencade

Post by DarthJ »

Modular full face helmet, full finger gloves w/hard knuckle, leather or textile armored jacket (weather dependent), Duluth Trading Co firehose jean style pants and good work boots. I generally carry a pair of sneakers in the side case if I'm going to do a lot of walking, though. As for skivvies, for warm weather (80-100, I tend to not ride much after it passes triple digits) Under Armor moisture wicking boxer briefs or Duluth Trading buck naked boxer briefs.
You ain't lost, you're just somewhere you ain't been before.

Grindl
Motorcycle: 1978 GL-1000 , 1983 GL-1100A Aspencade

Post by Grindl »

Just a couple of remarks on this subject ; and others mentioned in the topic .

#1. I am a F-class shooter who does precision reloading and I do know from studies of ballistics , that a bullet DOES accelerate after exiting the barrel / muzzle . The lands and grooves create a certain amount of ballistic "drag" on the bullet as it passes through the barrel and at "moment" of exit , the bullet accelerates above it's barrel speed , for approx. 6-8inches , to attain it's stated muzzle velocity . Proven by Hornady ballistics research ultra-high speed photography . Confirmed by Sierra Bullet during the development of their world renowned Match King target bullet .
#2. A properly "set" chronograph is placed between ten and fifteen feet beyond the muzzle , according to that manufacturers instructions to attain proper fps / mps readings . Any chrono has to be "distance set " a minimum distance of feet from the muzzle or any reading will be invalid . Inches do not work . Period ! If you're going to tell the story , please tell it correctly . Precision shooters are just as demanding about information concerning their sport , if not more so , as GW riders are about their bikes . I shoot at a six inch "Target" ; at 1,000 yards , and long ago , in a far away land I had different "Targets".

As far as gear goes ; I do have a leather jacket & chaps . Insulated heavy jeans for winter and heavy weight jeans for summer . Mostly T's or golf shirts in the summer , and appropriate layers according to weather at night and as seasons change here . If you ride in the S.W. desert I don't need to explain day / night temp changes to you .Always Tony Lama western boots . Hand-tooled Sharkskin with a tall heel .
Helmet ? Only when FORCED to , in the NANNY states . I'm a big boy , and I have a mother . And her name isn't U.S.D.O.T., or "the State of" ! As someone else said ; you want to go all ATGATT , your choice . Your right . Have the maturity and courtesy to allow me mine , also . And keep your guilt trips to yourself . Again .... I have a Mother .

Paul Narramore
Motorcycle: 1977 GL1000 GoldWing
1977 BMW R100/7
1989 BMW R100GS-Paris Dakar

Post by Paul Narramore »

I have struggled to read many of these posts on this subject as it's so easy to get too anal, talking about bullets and whatnot. What I wear on a motorcycle would be regarded my some riders as largely unsafe and by others as just fine. The main criteria for me is comfort above all else. When riding long distances it is so easy to let one's mind wander, and be irritated by uncomfortable riding gear. In 2006 I rode across the US from NJ to CA and back, crossing the Mojave Desert and Death Valley where it was 117f at Stovepipe Wells. I always wore decent riding gear and never, ever without a helmet.

So I have two 'sets' of clothing depending on the weather and time of the year.

Nolan openface helmet, silver. NewGear mesh jacket in hi-viz. Heine Gerike light grey trousers with armour. DerryBoots, 100% waterproof unlike my other quality boots, Olympia gel gloves in hi-viz, utterly cool (in the temperature ways). For those not familiar with DerryBoots, these are moulded rubbery/plasticky boots like by old men in particular who couldn't care less about 'street cred' but do want waterproof boots. I started off my riding fifty years ago wearing them and after a few quality leather boots which always let in water, I have returned to them.

In winter Arai SX fullface in white, Spada fabric jacket, Gerbing heated gloves.

You'll note that I keep well clear of black except for the boots and gloves. Black is almost like a uniform worn by riders and I hate the stuff. The only reason I can see for liking it is that it doesn't show the dirt so wash them. I was once thrown from an out of control Police BMW R80 at 100mph on a busy motorway at 0915 in the morning. Laying there in the middle lane with traffic rushing by and wearing BLACK Police jacket and cavalry twill trousers and a pathetic 'Sam Brown' reflective belt didn't reassure me one little bit. I lost all the skin from my back, knees and elbows - the nurse used a nailbrush and bleach to clean the gravel rash, it was like being branded but then everything went kind of numb - and the bike was later found to be badly maintained. I sued the force.

So comfortable, light coloured clothing for me - but the most important thing by far is the electrical circuit between the ears. Riding with the right attitude and frame of mind, and concentrate, concentrate then concentrate again. Never mind about having a conversation with a fellow rider, look at the road ahead (and behind) and "read the road". Here ended the first lesson......... ;-)
"Time flies like an arrow, but fruit flies like a banana" (Groucho Marx).

"Outside of a dog, a man's best friend is a book. Inside of a dog, is very dark" (Groucho Marx).

OldZX11Rider
Motorcycle: 1994 Honda GL1500 Goldwing SE

Post by OldZX11Rider »

I want to be comfortable when I ride. I don't like cold and wet weather but on a trip you prepare and take whatever comes your way.
If I'm not comfortable, I'll not be concentrating on the highway, traffic and my bike. Being too cold or too hot would be there demanding attention.
So I'll always be wearing my helmet, (thanks to horror stories on this site) my gloves and my leather boots. But I'll dress comfortably so I can concentrate on avoiding an accident. :D

For he is the minister of God to thee for good. But if thou do that which is evil, be afraid; for he beareth not the sword in vain: