Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (sold)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (wife's!)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

GoldwingDocs Bike PC: An Announcement

Post by WingAdmin »

The Bike PC is a small multifunction computer for your motorcycle that has a gear position indicator, thermometer, voltmeter, controls your heated gear, and more. I designed and built it 9 years ago. Today I am making an announcement regarding the Bike PC and the future of the device as a project. I talk about the history of how the Bike PC came to be, demonstrate its functionality, and talk about the announcement in this video:

Never miss a video: Subscribe to the GoldwingDocs YouTube channel today!

I never released the Bike PC as a product, due to the inability to support it. However, I am now releasing the design, circuit, board layout and source code to the public under a GPLv3 license for anyone to build, use or modify as they see fit. You're free to use these materials in any way that you like, you can modify the design and release it yourself (as long as it is released with the notation that it is a modified version of the original). You can NOT commercialize the design or manufacture the units from this design commercially.

Interested? You can download everything: schematic, PCB board images and design files, source code and construction images here:

/Hollsco_Bike_PC.zip

blupupher
Motorcycle: 1994 GL1500 SE

Re: GoldwingDocs Bike PC: An Announcement

Post by blupupher »

Cool that you are releasing all this for those wanting to try it.

While I would like something like this, I just know I would never get around to it due to it due to the skill level required to build it and install it.
1994 GL1500 Goldwing SE
Christian SU
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800 (SC47)

Post by Christian SU »

Since a couple of days i'm working with an arduino nano to show the gear positions of my SC47. While I was working on it, I figured that I could also display the voltage. A short time later, I wondered if I could save the driving time...

It looks like I'm going through the same evolution as you. I hope that i will need less than 11 years :D :D :D

Christian SU
Motorcycle: 2010 GL1800 (SC47)

Post by Christian SU »

Why is my picture (see above) not working?
If i right-click and select "open in a new tab" ist works properly. Where is my fault?
crazzy450z
Motorcycle: 1983 GL1100 Aspencade

Post by crazzy450z »

Hi there, I was wondering if this system could be altered to work on a 83 Aspencade? There are a couple functions i am interested in using..
Thanks,
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (sold)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (wife's!)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Post by WingAdmin »

crazzy450z wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:42 am Hi there, I was wondering if this system could be altered to work on a 83 Aspencade? There are a couple functions i am interested in using..
Thanks,
Yes, because the 83 Aspencade (with the digital dash) has the full gear position switch, not just a neutral switch.