Reviews of Goldwing and motorcycle-related products and services
  • Sponsored Links
Bones66
Motorcycle: 2012 GL1800

Re: GPS to Goldwing input device

Post by Bones66 » Wed May 02, 2018 5:41 am

BrianD wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 4:30 am
If you buy a little Bluetooth receiver, about $10 in most electronic stores or online, you can plug that into the jack and synch your phone to it. Works perfectly. This is how I connect my TomTom device to hear directions over the headset.
Thanks For the help.
BrianD, you lost me with the Bluetooth receiver. Let me run this by you. The input device (sold on this forum) plugs into the BT receiver? The receiver then pairs with your phone and thus into your headset. Is this correct?
I looked up BT receivers and got more confused. They are all over the board. If not a violation of this board can you just link a couple examples that would work when used in this manner. Thanks.

WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Re: GPS to Goldwing input device

Post by WingAdmin » Wed May 02, 2018 9:38 am

Bones66 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:41 am
BrianD wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 4:30 am
If you buy a little Bluetooth receiver, about $10 in most electronic stores or online, you can plug that into the jack and synch your phone to it. Works perfectly. This is how I connect my TomTom device to hear directions over the headset.
Thanks For the help.
BrianD, you lost me with the Bluetooth receiver. Let me run this by you. The input device (sold on this forum) plugs into the BT receiver? The receiver then pairs with your phone and thus into your headset. Is this correct?
I looked up BT receivers and got more confused. They are all over the board. If not a violation of this board can you just link a couple examples that would work when used in this manner. Thanks.
Correct. Many people are doing just this now - buying a little receiver like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Mpow-Bluetooth-R ... ref=sr_1_3

They plug the GPS Input device into this receiver, then pair this receiver with their phone or GPS or whatever they want to use with it.