Rivco Orders

Reviews of Goldwing and motorcycle-related products and services
  • Sponsored Links
J.C.
Motorcycle: 2014 Goldwing Airbag

Rivco Orders

Post by J.C. » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:06 am

Ordered a set of Highway Pegs for my 2018 Goldwing DCT from Rivco June 27,2018. They charged my card immediately for $322.00.

Now going on 44 days and still don't have them. Every week when I call, they tell me they are at the "Platers", and will ship next week.

Also, when I ordered my trailer hitch same thing. Card charged immediately and no product for over a month. Seem they want to use your money for development and start up of products, and save their money.

BlueThunder
Motorcycle: 2014 CTX1300 Deluxe (BlackThunder aka Predator)
1977 GL1000 (Ox)

Re: Rivco Orders

Post by BlueThunder » Sun Aug 12, 2018 8:08 pm

Immediately put the charge into contestment. Federal law only gives you 45 days so time is of the essence. That is assuming it was a credit card and not a debit card or charge card. I would cancel the order and order from another vendor. Rivco products are widely available from many vendors.
_____
Brian

2014 Honda CTX1300 (BlackThunder aka Predator)
1977 Honda GL1000 (Ox)

AZgl1800
Motorcycle: '02 GL1800

Post by AZgl1800 » Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:20 pm

If you used a Debit Card,

you have NO recourse.
I went thru this with my Credit Union a while back.

She said IF, we use a Credit Card, different rules apply, and they can't charge you until the product is shipped.

I do a lot of business with Amazon, and they go out of their way to explain you will not be charged until the product is shipped.
~John

J.C.
Motorcycle: 2014 Goldwing Airbag

Post by J.C. » Mon Aug 13, 2018 3:57 am

Thank you both for your reply, and I was aware that by law, they are not supposed to charge until shipped, and yes, I did put it on C.C.. I never use debit for that reason. (No recourse). I had called them two days after I had placed the order and complained about my card being charged and nothing shipped.

That's the reason I was riding their butts about it, I knew I only had 45 days to challenge the charge and am notifying my card company today.

As soon as I heard the bogus, "That's the only way we can take an pre order", from the owner of company himself, I was fed up with excuses. The time before when I called the company, Erica Downey told me, "Well, last time we built a large inventory anticipating a big number of orders for a product, we got stuck with a lot of them."

That sounds more believable then the owners spiel.

themainviking
Motorcycle: 2009 GL1800 AD
1987 Harley Softail Custom
1974 Harley FLH (sold)
1965 Harley FLHE (sold)
1957 Harley Chopper (sold)

Post by themainviking » Mon Aug 13, 2018 6:55 am

I think that you hit the problem right on the head there. You said "preorder", which means ordering before the product is available yet, in order to get it as soon as it is ready. Is this what happened here? If so, it is the prime reason that I do not preorder. You pay up front, and may or may not get the product either within a reasonable time or not within a reasonable time. It is the way a lot of companies do things nowadays, if they are not large enough to eat the problems, like Kuryakyn can. Rivco has always had good products, but not the huge market share that Kury has. I like to read certain authors, but I will not preorder their books. Afraid of getting lost in the shuffle. Same with new movie releases. It is easier to go to Walmart on the release date.

It ain't about the destination - it's all about the journey