Kriss Starlight Cornering Light Module

Reference information handy in one place - part numbers, aftermarket equivalents, circuit diagrams, and more
rockabye74
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500

Kriss Starlight Cornering Light Module

Post by rockabye74 »

I recently purchased a "new to me" 1988 GL1500 Goldwing that has had a troubled past. There have been many modifications made to the wiring, and most of them were done very poorly. To correct the issues with the wiring, one of the modules that I needed to rewire into the bike was the Kriss Starlight Cornering Light Module, but I had no documentation. Thanks to the power of the internet I was able to connect with George Kriss, the retired owner of Kriss Industries Inc. George was a delight to communicate with, and he shared with me the attached documentation and authorized me to share this on the forums for other Goldwing riders. My compliments go out to George, and I hope that other riders find this information useful.

Andy Cote
Motorcycle: 2015 Goldwing, basic black

Re: Kriss Starlight Cornering Light Module

Post by Andy Cote »

Welcome to the forum. Where are you from?

Thank you for the info. Not sure how many bikes are equipped with this unit but nice to have the instructions.

The stock bulbs for the cornering lights get very hot. You should think about changing the bulbs to LED. But, I'm not sure how the low power/high power function of the KRISSS will work with LEDs.
2015 Goldwing, basic black

Previously: GL1200 standard, GL1200 Interstate, GL1500 Goldwing, GL1500 Valkyrie Standard, 2000 Valkyrie Interstate, many other Hondas
rockabye74
Motorcycle: 1988 GL1500

Re: Kriss Starlight Cornering Light Module

Post by rockabye74 »

I am from Virginia. This is not my first Goldwing, but it is my first GL1500. My prior Goldwing was a 1200 Aspencade that I put over 100,000 miles on.