A day with balloons in Canton, OH

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
  • Sponsored Links
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (wife's!)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

A day with balloons in Canton, OH

Post by WingAdmin » Sun Jul 29, 2018 2:34 pm

I rode my bike out to the Balloon festival in Canton, OH (it had something to do with Football Hall of Fame or something, I'm not exactly sure what). They launched a bunch of balloons, then they had several that had launched nearby come try to throw a beanbag in a circle to win money. The top prize was $3,000 for any balloon pilot who could toss a small ring and have it land on a 40 foot flagpole - nobody has ever done it apparently, but last night one of the pilots did, which got the crowd very excited.

However...in the news today, apparently one of the balloons came down in some power lines and caught fire (pilot uninjured) and another landed in someone's front yard:

Alan_Hepburn
Motorcycle: 1994 GL1500SE with a California Sidecar

Re: A day with balloons in Canton, OH

Post by Alan_Hepburn » Sun Jul 29, 2018 4:26 pm

If you've got a few hours to burn while you're in Canton check out the MAPS Museum - Military Aircraft Preservation Society - they've got planes from WWI up to the present day, and many of them are set up to allow people to sit in the driver's seat!
Alan Hepburn - San Jose, Ca
1994 GL1500SE with a California Sidecar