Labor Day in Lake of the Ozarks Part 1 of 3

Reports and stories from trips, planning of gatherings, questions about how to get there!
DougEFresh1123
Motorcycle: 2002 Honda Magna VF750
1994 GL1500SE

Labor Day in Lake of the Ozarks Part 1 of 3

Post by DougEFresh1123 »

The wife and I had a nice little week long vacation down in the Lake of the Ozarks over the Labor Day weekend. The premise of the trip was to see the kids and meet our newest grandson. He was closing in on three months old and this was going to be our first time meeting him.

I rode the Goldwing while my wife pulled the camper. Half way there while eating lunch she said that's it, I'm getting my motorcycle license so I can ride and have fun while you pull the camper. I responded with a "No way, I'm not pulling the camper, guess we should upgrade to a toy hauler." That didn't go over to well :shock: .

We spent a few days with the kids/grand kids on the lake even though the weather wasn't great for boating. The kids had to head back to Shreveport on Labor day so we were by ourselves until Thursday when we need to start our trek home. We visited Lake of the Ozarks State Park and saw one of the swinging bridges in the area. We also took a tour of Bridal Cave, visited a distillery and also rode out to Ha Ha Tonka State Park.
Attachments

Me and the grandchildren  Logan and Maya (2yrs old)
Me and the grandchildren Logan and Maya (2yrs old)

The swinging Bridge
The swinging Bridge

Getting ready to start crossing
Getting ready to start crossing

Drive carefully
Drive carefully

About halfway across
About halfway across

In the parking lot for Bridal Cave
In the parking lot for Bridal Cave

Turn around point of the tour.  Although there is still more cave to explore only experienced divers can proceed further due to Mystery Lake as seen in the background.
Turn around point of the tour. Although there is still more cave to explore only experienced divers can proceed further due to Mystery Lake as seen in the background.

The spirits were good!
The spirits were good!

'02 Magna VF750
'94 GL1500SE
- Doug

“We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.”
― Ronald Reagan
DougEFresh1123
Motorcycle: 2002 Honda Magna VF750
1994 GL1500SE

Labor Day in Lake of the Ozarks Part 2 of 3

Post by DougEFresh1123 »

This is the gravel road we needed to take to get to the swinging bridge from my previous post. This was about a 10 mile loop, I had to channel my former 4x4 days:
[youtube]

Never miss a video: Subscribe to the GoldwingDocs YouTube channel today!

Our ride to Ha Ha Tonka State Park, and some pictures of the campground we stayed in.
Attachments

One man's vision
One man's vision

There is a water tower back there
There is a water tower back there

The water Tower
The water Tower

By the time I got to the end of the rainbow it was gone, no pot of gold.
By the time I got to the end of the rainbow it was gone, no pot of gold.

Our campground was just underneath Bagnell Dam, which is what creates the Lake of the Ozarks.
Our campground was just underneath Bagnell Dam, which is what creates the Lake of the Ozarks.

'02 Magna VF750
'94 GL1500SE
- Doug

“We must reject the idea that every time a law's broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.”
― Ronald Reagan