Trailer picture thread

Information, ideas, experiences and help with camping, pulling a trailer and roughing it on your Goldwing
  • Sponsored Links
Uncle Fester
Motorcycle: 1996 GL-1500 Cali model 'Wing, blue in color, named Ol'Blue

Re: Trailer picture thread

Post by Uncle Fester » Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:08 am

Well, we got the newest edition to our bike, a home made ”Aluma-lite” style trailer I found on the Facebook Market Place. I need to do a small bit of rewiring , adding a few lights it does not currently have, side marker lights for one, and a few other personal touches, but over all, it tows great and has more than ample room.

Some plans include the before mentioned marker lights, a pair of interior USB charging ports, at some point a series of pockets on the interior of the lid for camera, cell, tablet, hygiene stuff, etc. I also think I will remove the prop rod and add a lift shock that will open the lid higher, giving slightly more interior access. I am also considering painting the side and front panels the same blue as the bike, just to jazz it up a bit, but that idea is farther down the list of possible changes I might make as it looks good now.

Any way, here she is
Attachments

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
So throw off the bowlines.
Sail away from the safe harbor.
Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore,
Dream,
Discover!

Mark Twain

Robertlaura
Motorcycle: 1988 gl1500 a

Post by Robertlaura » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:32 pm

I built this tear drop about 5 yrs ago sleeps two has 12v lights fan radio/cd/dvd player holders for fishing rods on top cooler grill and lawn chairs on front screened sunroof with cover and awwning

Big Blue UK
Motorcycle: GL1800 Monarch

Trailer

Post by Big Blue UK » Wed Apr 11, 2018 5:00 am

I recently purchased this trailer for my trike Big Blue.

Pic were taken when I picked it up.
9'4" long
4'10" wide
3'8" high
It was commented that it could be made in the US because the front looks like the back of a big old Amercan car with the spare wheel shape on the boot lid.
So far the only information I have, although not 100% certain, is it was thought to be manufactured in Norfolk UK, and was some sort of commission or special order, only a few were made. I have never seen one, and only found one pic of this model trailer online.
I have yet to find any information about the trailer, any identification marks are not there. I can tell it has been re sprayed twice
I have emailed all trailer manufacturers in that part of the country, and they all said "Not us, never seen one before".
Caveats
The drawbar bolts are loose.
The tailgate was not refitted correctly.
A rear tail light lense is broken.
There is a wiring fault.
All this I reckon due to some sort of DIY respray,
The respray finish looks a bit like the skin of a blue orange.

Britax made the tail lights, looked though their substantial online catalogue and they are not there, Googled the part number and got gobbledeygook.
The trim rings around the tail light I thought were plastic, are actually billet alloy.
It has no lid as such, it opens from the rear, like the boot on a really big saloon car.

Going to take some serious time and dosh to get it looking like this,

If at first you don't succeed, hide the evidence.

Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester » Wed Apr 11, 2018 8:13 pm

WOW! That is a nice looking trailer. . . .
Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do.
Explore,
Dream,
Discover!

Mark Twain

fargofour
Motorcycle: 1976 GL1000
1984 GL1200 A
1998 GL1500 SE

Post by fargofour » Thu May 10, 2018 10:02 am

This winter I built version 2 of my wooden trailer. The plywood on the sides of the old one started delaminating so I went with a all cedar strip version this time. I'm pretty much done, a few odds and ends left.

A few picts.

Bud.
Attachments

Ravyn
Motorcycle: 2002 GL1800, 2000 Kawasaki w650, 2010 Yamaha xt250, 1972 Honda ct-90 dual range tranny, 1968 Honda Express 102 original miles, 1982 Honda cx500 custom, 1972 Bultaco Alpina,
1980 Honda cx500 turbo..."for sale" My latest bike is a 1994 GL1500SE, side car rig.

Post by Ravyn » Thu May 10, 2018 10:16 am

fargofour wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 10:02 am
This winter I built version 2 of my wooden trailer. The plywood on the sides of the old one started delaminating so I went with a all cedar strip version this time. I'm pretty much done, a few odds and ends left.

A few picts.

Bud.
Wow ! That is a really nice looking trailer. You are a craftsman :-)

gford
Motorcycle: 1999 Goldwing SE

Post by gford » Mon May 21, 2018 10:53 am

Uncle Fester

Post by Uncle Fester » Mon May 21, 2018 1:11 pm

Is it just me or does this one sir just a little higher than most ? I bet the little extra helps with loading and unloading. Very nice !
Explore,
Dream,
Discover!

Mark Twain

gford
Motorcycle: 1999 Goldwing SE

Post by gford » Mon May 21, 2018 7:17 pm

It does sit a little higher, however, i had it up to 90 mph with no problems. Its very light and looking forward to our mid June trip to the north east states.