Page 2 of 2

Re: What do you use to tow your Wing?

Posted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 10:45 pm
by AZgl1800
I am 74 and 8 years ago, a semi-trucker decided to take his half out of my HOV lane.... left me in the hospital for weeks, and then it took 3 years for me to be able to keep my feet under me when I walk...

that was when I found a replacement for ole Red, my '94SE which became a scrap heap in one fell swoop.

that accident destroyed my hypothalamus gland which controls our body temperature.... now, when the temps get over 82-83 degrees, I am done for.... have to find cool conditions quick.... bought a Phase Change cool vest which helps a lot, but it don't replace an air conditioned interior...

Re: What do you use to tow your Wing?

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:35 am
by Viking
Rayvn wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:43 am
themainviking wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:34 am
Rayvn wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:34 pm
I don't tow my wings. I ride them. That's what they were made for. Only Harley riders tow there bikes. hahahahahaha ;)
Wait till you get some years on ya and then you can eat them words, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well I'd be willing to bet I am a tad bit older then you. So I do have plenty of years on me. I have been riding for 56 years and I am 72 years old and I don't need to tow my wings anywhere. I put about 30,000 miles a year on my bikes. Most of those on my wings. ;)
Respect brother.... 30,000 miles a year is substantial. Yup, I apologize. You have me by three years. You are a better man in bad weather than I am.

Re: What do you use to tow your Wing?

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:15 pm
by Ravyn
themainviking wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:35 am
Rayvn wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 11:43 am
themainviking wrote:
Sun Oct 01, 2017 6:34 am


Wait till you get some years on ya and then you can eat them words, :lol: :lol: :lol:
Well I'd be willing to bet I am a tad bit older then you. So I do have plenty of years on me. I have been riding for 56 years and I am 72 years old and I don't need to tow my wings anywhere. I put about 30,000 miles a year on my bikes. Most of those on my wings. ;)
Respect brother.... 30,000 miles a year is substantial. Yup, I apologize. You have me by three years. You are a better man in bad weather than I am.
No apologies needed bro. it's all in good fun :-) Besides..... you an old fart like me....hehehe ;-) hmmmmm, when does one get to call him or herself an old fart. :roll:

Re: What do you use to tow your Wing?

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:03 pm
by Alan_Hepburn
Rayvn wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:15 pm
...hmmmmm, when does one get to call him or herself an old fart. :roll:
We are another pair of old pharts - a few years ago we made a comment during an RV outing with our friends along the lines of "You know you're old when you qualify for a senior discount." and one of our more "mature" friends replied "No, you know you're old when your kids qualify for a senior discount!"

Re: What do you use to tow your Wing?

Posted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:26 pm
by Ravyn
Alan_Hepburn wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:03 pm
Rayvn wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:15 pm
...hmmmmm, when does one get to call him or herself an old fart. :roll:
We are another pair of old pharts - a few years ago we made a comment during an RV outing with our friends along the lines of "You know you're old when you qualify for a senior discount." and one of our more "mature" friends replied "No, you know you're old when your kids qualify for a senior discount!"
Hahaha, you got that right. My daughter just turned 48 so she's gettin close. Does that mean I'm not an old fart yet. hehehe :shock:

Re: What do you use to tow your Wing?

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:26 am
by Viking
Rayvn wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:26 pm
Alan_Hepburn wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:03 pm
Rayvn wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 4:15 pm
...hmmmmm, when does one get to call him or herself an old fart. :roll:
We are another pair of old pharts - a few years ago we made a comment during an RV outing with our friends along the lines of "You know you're old when you qualify for a senior discount." and one of our more "mature" friends replied "No, you know you're old when your kids qualify for a senior discount!"
Hahaha, you got that right. My daughter just turned 48 so she's gettin close. Does that mean I'm not an old fart yet. hehehe :shock:
Oh, you are an old fart alright... you just ain't "really" old yet. My son is 49, so for me, sixteen more years up here till I am really old - if I make it. Seniors discount here is always 65, some places 60 and a very few 55, so it is tough to calculate, :lol: :lol: :lol: Only thing I know, is if they give one, I get one. I also go for military discounts, as I think I actually earned those.

Re: What do you use to tow your Wing?

Posted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:08 am
by Ravyn
themainviking wrote:
Tue Oct 03, 2017 6:26 am
Rayvn wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:26 pm
Alan_Hepburn wrote:
Mon Oct 02, 2017 6:03 pm


We are another pair of old pharts - a few years ago we made a comment during an RV outing with our friends along the lines of "You know you're old when you qualify for a senior discount." and one of our more "mature" friends replied "No, you know you're old when your kids qualify for a senior discount!"
Hahaha, you got that right. My daughter just turned 48 so she's gettin close. Does that mean I'm not an old fart yet. hehehe :shock:
Oh, you are an old fart alright... you just ain't "really" old yet. My son is 49, so for me, sixteen more years up here till I am really old - if I make it. Seniors discount here is always 65, some places 60 and a very few 55, so it is tough to calculate, :lol: :lol: :lol: Only thing I know, is if they give one, I get one. I also go for military discounts, as I think I actually earned those.
Judging by your colored in map you do a tad bit of riding yourself. :-)
I was born and raised in Fond du lac Wis. and used to do a lot of canoing and kayaking up in Ontario many years ago when the black flies and deer flies and chiggers and knats and no-seeums didn't bother me. hahahaha I have been living out here in Wa. state for the last 34 years.
At 72 no one seems to question me about the senior discount. My beautiful sensitive life partner is only 58 but when she is with me they just give her the discount as well. hmmmm, wonder how that makes her feel. hahahaha

Re: What do you use to tow your Wing?

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:20 pm
by coolrunning
Rayvn wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:34 pm
I don't tow my wings. I ride them. That's what they were made for. Only Harley riders tow there bikes. hahahahahaha ;)
So true... Still, for every Wing I have ever seen out on the open highway, I have seen at least ten HD's... There are just so many of them! I wonder if that will change now that the new 2018 Gold Wings are finally out.

Re: What do you use to tow your Wing?

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:56 pm
by Ravyn
coolrunning wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 7:20 pm
Rayvn wrote:
Sat Sep 30, 2017 10:34 pm
I don't tow my wings. I ride them. That's what they were made for. Only Harley riders tow there bikes. hahahahahaha ;)
So true... Still, for every Wing I have ever seen out on the open highway, I have seen at least ten HD's... There are just so many of them! I wonder if that will change now that the new 2018 Gold Wings are finally out.
Yup, lots more Hardly "rideable" Fergusons out there then wings. To many people into the bad boy image thing. So sad. As far as the new wing goes I think there will be more Ferguson riders then ever or maybe a different brand like the Indian. So far the reviews every where arn't doing so good.

Re: What do you use to tow your Wing?

Posted: Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:29 pm
by AZgl1800
a recipient of a bad accident in 2008 with an 18 wheeler destroyed by body's ability to deal with heat over 85*

so, now when going all day somewhere, it rides in or on a trailer behind me.
I stay inside the Suburban under the a/c blowing cool air on my face.

at 75 y/o, I am finding that I don't handle things like i used to 20 years ago.

Re: What do you use to tow your Wing?

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:40 am
by Ravyn
AZgl1800 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:29 pm
a recipient of a bad accident in 2008 with an 18 wheeler destroyed by body's ability to deal with heat over 85*

so, now when going all day somewhere, it rides in or on a trailer behind me.
I stay inside the Suburban under the a/c blowing cool air on my face.

at 75 y/o, I am finding that I don't handle things like i used to 20 years ago.
There are always good reasons for doing some things. Sounds to me like you have a really good one for towing your bike. Hell I didn't even know we had such a gland that controls body temps. I can't even pronounce that. hahaha :-)

Re: What do you use to tow your Wing?

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:09 pm
by AZgl1800
Rayvn wrote:
Sat Dec 02, 2017 11:40 am
AZgl1800 wrote:
Fri Dec 01, 2017 10:29 pm
a recipient of a bad accident in 2008 with an 18 wheeler destroyed by body's ability to deal with heat over 85*

so, now when going all day somewhere, it rides in or on a trailer behind me.
I stay inside the Suburban under the a/c blowing cool air on my face.

at 75 y/o, I am finding that I don't handle things like i used to 20 years ago.
There are always good reasons for doing some things. Sounds to me like you have a really good one for towing your bike. Hell I didn't even know we had such a gland that controls body temps. I can't even pronounce that. hahaha :-)

yes, it is a very important part of our body's control system:


The hypothalamus (from Greek ὑπό, "under" and θάλαμος, thalamus) is a portion of the brain that contains a number of small nuclei with a variety of functions. One of the most important functions of the hypothalamus is to link the nervous system to the endocrine system via the pituitary gland (hypophysis).

The hypothalamus is located below the thalamus and is part of the limbic system.[1] In the terminology of neuroanatomy, it forms the ventral part of the diencephalon. All vertebrate brains contain a hypothalamus. In humans, it is the size of an almond.

The hypothalamus is responsible for the regulation of certain metabolic processes and other activities of the autonomic nervous system. It synthesizes and secretes certain neurohormones, called releasing hormones or hypothalamic hormones, and these in turn stimulate or inhibit the secretion of pituitary hormones. The hypothalamus controls body temperature, hunger, important aspects of parenting and attachment behaviours, thirst,[2] fatigue, sleep, and circadian rhythms.

Re: What do you use to tow your Wing?

Posted: Sat Dec 02, 2017 3:11 pm
by AZgl1800
circadian rhythms.


this is why I can never get to sleep on time, and will just drop off to sleep in a heart beat if I sit down and try to read a book.

Re: What do you use to tow your Wing?

Posted: Wed Sep 11, 2019 5:34 pm
by allen230
As we know it has 650 pounds towing capacity with a trailer so i use with a trailer i also have a Chevy truck which i currently i am using for 24-hour Roadside Assistance nyc, when required i use that truck.