motorcycle trailers - how hard are you finding it to get one ??

Information, ideas, experiences and help with camping, pulling a trailer and roughing it on your Goldwing
wingdings
Motorcycle: Honda Goldwing gl 1989

motorcycle trailers - how hard are you finding it to get one ??

Post by wingdings »

Hi - Folks - my friend has given me a trailer bar for my bike - F.O.C - got me thinking about looking for a trailer for the bike - was wondering how hard other people are finding it to even find a company that makes one just for motorcycles ?? over in England I could only find this one - Paste the link into your web browser and go have a look ....

http://westyorkshoc.wix.com/pegleg-trailers .. I have seen better too - even seen one made from the back end of a car too - the better ones seem to have a rack on top too .. just wondered what other people's experience has been on the subject ??? :D :D :D :D

Last edited by wingdings on Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:36 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Aussie81Interstate
Motorcycle: 2001 GL1500F6C Valkyrie
1982 CX500 Turbo (Historic registration - finally)
1981 GL1100 Interstate (sold)
1988 GL1500 (sold)

Re: motorcycle trailers - how hard are you finding it to get one ??

Post by Aussie81Interstate »

I've had two different ones on the last 5 years. I picked up a small fibreglass advertising trailer a few years ago - and even though it towed well behind the bike (a 500cc CX500 Custom at the time), it was prevalent to catch some side winds and buffeting when passing larger vehicles coming in the opposite direction - but overall very happy with it.

Recently did a swap for some CX500 Turbo parts and a bit of cash to my friend and picked up his homemade aluminium trailer - nothing fancy again - but it tows like a dream behind the GL1500 - you don't know it is there - and has plenty of storage space and not affected by passing vehicles etc.. I'
Attachments

wingdings

Post by wingdings »

Hi - There - that defo looks different to the run of the mill ones - :P :P :P :P :P - try this one for size -

looks to me that it is the back end of a MG MIDGET - lol ...
GlimWas
Motorcycle: 1994 GL1500 SE Canada Edition, Carbon Candy Blue
2014 NC750X DCT

Post by GlimWas »

Youv'e got this company in the UK ; https://www.freewheeluk.net/motorcycle-trailers

I have an International trailer and am happy with it
Most motorcycle problems are caused by the nut that connects the handlebars to the saddle

GL1100 '80
GL1200 '87
GL1500 '94
wingdings

Post by wingdings »

hi - there !! thanks for that info there too !!! ... :D :D :D :D :D :D
SimpleSimon
Motorcycle: 2014 GL1800

Post by SimpleSimon »

over in England I could only find this one - Paste the link into your web browser and go have a look ....

http://westyorkshoc.wix.com/pegleg-trailers ..
I've got one of Micks trailers the base is a good one but you will have to do some work on it once you receive it.
There is no rain lip in the design and the edging seal Mick uses is not up to the job so you will have to replace it.
He dose not seal any of the fixings so water seeps in through all the bolt holes drilled into the base. This includes the hinges for the lid, the brackets for the rams, the lights and number plate.
If you do the work required to make the trailer watertight you will end up with a good trailer for the price.
I'm taking it to Spain in a couple of weeks so that will be a good test for it.