Trailer Transport

Information, ideas, experiences and help with camping, pulling a trailer and roughing it on your Goldwing
Spence
Motorcycle: 2010 1800
2002 r1150rs

Trailer Transport

Post by Spence »

I'd like to buy a nice used camper trailer and I see a lot of them are just too far away for me to go pick them up. I see a nice Aspen Classic in Florida at a very fair price for example. Do I have any other options? Can they be shipped or is there a service that will get them for my lazy a...?

Rambozo
Motorcycle: 1992 GL1500 Aspencade
Ducati Monster

Re: Trailer Transport

Post by Rambozo »

Check with a car transport carrier. I'm sure one of them would haul it for you. Also hotshot trucking might be another option.
Spence
Motorcycle: 2010 1800
2002 r1150rs

Post by Spence »

Good ideas. thanks
Dave
WingAdmin
Site Admin
Motorcycle: 2000 GL1500 SE
1982 GL1100A Aspencade (sold)
1989 PC800 (sold)
1998 XV250 Virago (sold)
2012 Suzuki Burgman 400 (wife's!)
2007 Aspen Sentry Trailer

Post by WingAdmin »

Spence wrote: Tue Apr 28, 2020 6:47 pm I'd like to buy a nice used camper trailer and I see a lot of them are just too far away for me to go pick them up. I see a nice Aspen Classic in Florida at a very fair price for example. Do I have any other options? Can they be shipped or is there a service that will get them for my lazy a...?
I bought mine from coastal North Carolina, and I'm in Cleveland. I just rode my bike down, hooked up the trailer, and rode back, 12 hours each way! :)
kwthom
Motorcycle: 2016 GL1800

Post by kwthom »

I dunno...maybe a different perspective for the OP. No, I don't own a camper trailer, but...

Perhaps it'd be a reasonably worthy investment in this trailer to physically go and see it, touch it, quiz the owner...before making the commitment to purchase.

In short, the only way you'll know 100% you're getting a good deal is by making that assessment personally.

Sure, maybe a motel room overnight on the way to getting it, and possibly on the way back if you don't bring any camping gear with you when you go to pick it up.

Contrast that to buying it, then paying the $$$ for shipping from Florida to you -- even if the current owner really wants to go thru that hassle.

It's probably a wash time-wise and cost-wise.

After all, you do own a touring motorcycle for a reason.

Luck to ya!

• "If I can't fix it, I'll fix it so nobody can!" ● Wait...I no longer have to fix it - I'm retired! :lol: ● Ken (IBA#50030) ● "Get busy living, or get busy dying." -Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption 1994 ● My blog