Looking for information on Solace camper trailers

Information, ideas, experiences and help with camping, pulling a trailer and roughing it on your Goldwing
tamathumper
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800A

Looking for information on Solace camper trailers

Post by tamathumper »

I'm looking for any information on Solace camper trailers from people who have experience owning them.

​​​​​​​I've heard of other brands, Aspen, Kwik Kamp, Timeout, Leesure Lite (sp?), but Solace is a new one to me.

I've searched for and read reviews on them, and searched the popular forums for information, but would appreciate anyone's recent/updated opinion.

This will be towed by a car, probably a small SUV with a CVT.

'03 GL1800A - Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Sense of humor not found on line 2
bigzook
Motorcycle: 1982 GL1100 Interstate
1994 Magna 750, 1998 900SS

Re: Looking for information on Solace camper trailers

Post by bigzook »

It's a Chinese manufactured copy of the Time Out trailer, which I own. I haven't seen the Solace to compare, but I love my Time Out. It tows fabulous and I much prefer the suspension. No wandering or bouncing. The reviews are spot on about set-up and its a great design. Two people fast, one person no problem. I really like the fact that nothing sits on the ground. I've been flooded out in rain before and will never go back.

As to your CVT, it shouldn't be an issue. I read a few reviews from owners pulling it behind a Prius and they reported no problems.

I assume that you'd pick it up at the dealer in Greenville, SC... but, Time Out sells a deluxe model that's 23 cu. ft with 12'' wheels vs. 16 cu. ft and 8'' wheels. Space, better quality tires, and freeway speed improve with this model. I bought mine used and couldn't beat the price, but I would consider the larger model if you're pulling primarily by car.

Time Out offers greater options such as the two different awnings and a screened room that attach to the tent. I plan to buy these for when pulling by car and not limited by weight.

Motocampers.com has a nice review: Timeout motorcycle Camper Vs. Solace Motorcycle Camper.

Either way, I think that you'll be happy with your purchase.
tamathumper
Motorcycle: 2003 GL1800A

Post by tamathumper »

Thank you for the detailed response!
'03 GL1800A - Warning: fopen() [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Sense of humor not found on line 2
newday777
Location: Milford NH summer/fall & Oceanside, CA winters(N San Diego) with lots of miles riden between
Motorcycle: 2008 Cabernet Red. Level 4

1983 GL1100A Wineberry 36,000 miles

1975 CB750 K5 Planet Blue 7,800 miles

1976 CB750 K6 Anterris Red 25,000 miles

Past rides
1999A Restored from PO neglect & sold at 19,000 miles

1999SE Totaled by cager at 105,000 miles

Post by newday777 »

Lots of lack of quality, very poor quality of build and parts on the Solice camper...yes they are Chinese knockoff(stolen design and given a different name)