1976 gl1000 Foot Pegs/rests

Information and questions on GL1000 Goldwings (1975-1979)
randomman02x
Motorcycle: 1976 Honda GL1000 (rebuild in process)

1976 gl1000 Foot Pegs/rests

Post by randomman02x »

I'm currently rebuilding a 1976 GL1000 and noticed there was no foot pegs left with any of the parts only these floor boards. Is and was there any foot pegs that came with this bike? If not are there any foot pegs that will properly mount the the bike. Also, the foot rests have a built on foot shifter with linkage to go the case, if I where to find foot pegs how would the shifter be properly set up?

SnoBrdr
Motorcycle: 1978 GL 1000

131K Original Owner

Re: 1976 gl1000 Foot Pegs/rests

Post by SnoBrdr »

randomman02x wrote:I'm currently rebuilding a 1976 GL1000 and noticed there was no foot pegs left with any of the parts only these floor boards. Is and was there any foot pegs that came with this bike? If not are there any foot pegs that will properly mount the the bike. Also, the foot rests have a built on foot shifter with linkage to go the case, if I where to find foot pegs how would the shifter be properly set up?
Yes there were both front and rear foldable pegs.

I believe that 75-79 are all the same.

Easily found on Ebay.

There was also a shifter arm used with the pegs, also found on EBay.
randomman02x

Post by randomman02x »

SnoBrdr wrote:
randomman02x wrote:I'm currently rebuilding a 1976 GL1000 and noticed there was no foot pegs left with any of the parts only these floor boards. Is and was there any foot pegs that came with this bike? If not are there any foot pegs that will properly mount the the bike. Also, the foot rests have a built on foot shifter with linkage to go the case, if I where to find foot pegs how would the shifter be properly set up?

Easily found on Ebay.

Ok thank you! I just looked them up after reading you response and they aren't that expensive. Are there any aftermarket pegs that can put placed on this bike that are compatible? or should I just stick to the ones that come with the bike.

Thanks

-Brian
SnoBrdr
Motorcycle: 1978 GL 1000

131K Original Owner

Post by SnoBrdr »

randomman02x wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Easily found on Ebay.

Ok thank you! I just looked them up after reading you response and they aren't that expensive. Are there any aftermarket pegs that can put placed on this bike that are compatible? or should I just stick to the ones that come with the bike.

Thanks

-Brian
Back in the day, there were tons of different ones available.

Finding them now is basically just searching on EBay and similar sites.

I've stuck with the originals myself.
randomman02x

Post by randomman02x »

SnoBrdr wrote:
randomman02x wrote:
SnoBrdr wrote:

Easily found on Ebay.

Thanks

-Brian
Back in the day, there were tons of different ones available.

Finding them now is basically just searching on EBay and similar sites.

I've stuck with the originals myself.
Good to know, I'll just order the original ones then and shifter. Thanks for your help!